Published by Entangled: Select Historical on 06/20/2016
Genres: historical romance
Source: Entangled Publishing, NetGalley
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Amazon AU, Buy on Amazon CA, Buy on Amazon UK, Buy on Apple Books
London 1812. War hero Adam Grey returns home with a burning ambition to run for Parliament. But he needs the support of the local baronet, who controls the seat. Adam’s plans are thwarted by his dissolute father, who has promised him to the baronet’s daughter in return for forgiveness of his debts. Adam wants nothing to do with marriage or his father’s problems, so he fakes an engagement to Cass Linford—his best friend’s sister.
Cass has been through hell since she last saw Adam. Her betrothed committed suicide, forcing her to withdraw from London society. Heartbroken, she’s given up on marriage. So when Adam suggests a temporary engagement, she agrees. He needs help with his campaign, and Cass can’t resist his charm or the chance to be involved in politics. It all seems so easy, until she finds herself falling in love with her fake fiancé.
A False Proposal
Delightful; fun; interesting!!!
She and Adam were joined together, performing an act common to all of humanity. Yet it was unique to them, because the way they felt, what they meant to each other, belonged to them alone. by Cass
What has really worked for me:
- This book has a great plot. It is fast-paced, well written, has kept me guessing and I’ve ended wanting more.
- I’ve really liked both characters. They were not perfect, they felt real. I could relate and understand them. I’ve also loved some secondary characters.
- There are some good steamy scenes. I can point out a few of them. Like in most historical reads, the heat is there, but you can also feel their love and passion. The couple has unbelievable chemistry.
- I live the author’s creativity. She brings a women that liked politics in a historical novel.
- This was a very easy read for me, in fact I read it one sitting-down. It’s very addictive.
- I love the cover. The popping color is catching, their clothes are beautiful and the Big Ben on the background is another great hint.
What could have been better:
- It was a bit predictable. I wish it had more surprises or plot twists.
I miss you to distraction. I dream about having you: in my bed, on my desk, atop the library table, under the dining room table. by Adam
You MAY read this because you enjoy historical romance; you SHOULD read this if you like some steam on your read; you MUST read this because you want to meet a strong woman and a man who is not afraid of taking her on!!!