I received this book for free from Xpresso Book Tours in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Series: Bad For You #1
Published by Carina Press on April 18, 2016
Genres: Erotic Romance, Suspense
Source: Xpresso Book Tours
Buy on Amazon
n this alpha-driven romance perfect for fans of Vi Keeland and S.L. Jennings, the price of one woman’s passion is everything she holds dear
Not everything dangerous is bad.
From the moment Angelina laid eyes on him, she fell into a fantasy. Mysterious, foreign, gorgeous, Haithem offered her what she needed most—a chance to feel again.
But Haithem is much more than he appears to be. He lives in a world of danger where everything comes at a price.
For Angelina, that price is her future.
He’s ensured the life she’s left behind is in tatters. Made her family believe she’s dead. He talks about protecting her, about keeping her safe, but she can’t distinguish his truth from his lies. She can’t separate her pleasure from his betrayal.
Haithem warned her. He told her he’d make her heart race, her body come alive, and her most primal needs rush to the surface. His for the taking.
He didn’t say she’d come to love the devil who’s destroying her, even as he keeps her prisoner.
This book is approximately 74,000 words
Didn’t I Warn You
Bad For You #1
Didn’t I warn you, Angel, that’s not a good idea to love me? … Didn’t I warn you my love would be bad? … Didn’t I tell you, you’d pay for my heart?
- Cover – I love it! It’s mysterious, sexy and after you read the book you will know it is Haithem.
- Plot – This is a great book. The author has enthralled me with this story. It was a fast-paced, mysterious, dangerous tale. Really well written, very cohesive without any weak point. I love the plot twist. View Spoiler »I was so certain he would be a mobster that I was very surprised when it was something very different. « Hide Spoiler
- Characters- I love them. Haithem is the epitome of tall, dark and dangerous. In fact, calling him all that is redundant. Angelina is also a great character. She is a bit naive, but spending a life in peril give her some spunk which made her perfect for Haithem.
- Heat/Romance – Yes, this is hot! Haithem melt butter and Angelina is quite the hottie after the initial shyness. I like how their relationship grew. It’s not cute, or sweet or even romantic. It’s crude, bold and brash.
- Addictiveness- O.M.G. I couldn’t put this book down. I got hooked on the prologue and was unable to let go. In fact, as soon as I finished the book I went over and bought book number two. I need to know what is happening.
- Freshness- A few shocks and a great twist at the end that I’ve talked about on my spoiler above.
- I’ve felt in love with the author and I’m really looking forward to read more from her.
- Sincerely, I can’t think of anything that I haven’t enjoy on this book. Really looking forward for what’s coming next.
- Maybe I’m going to give two warning:
This is not a dark read as it makes you believe on the blurb.
This doesn’t have a totally HEA ending yet. It’s more like a happy for now.
A symphony of complexities-man of generosity and greed, cruelty and kindness. The man I love. Villain and hero. The man who took me apart and put me together again-over and over.
You MAY buy this book because you enjoy suspense; you SHOULD buy this book if like your romance with some spicy; you MUST read this book to be enchanted into a great, unusual plot!!!