I received this book for free from YA Bound Book Tours in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.The Deep End by Katy Newton Naas
Published by Clean Reads on December 14, 2015
Genres: Young Adult, Paranormal, Ghosts
Source: YA Bound Book Tours
Buy on Amazon
When shy sophomore Kaci Lynn Richards moves to a small town, she is nervous about the change. That is, until she befriends the outgoing Jo and meets popular senior James Mitchell. Kaci quickly learns to love her new life…until she begins to see the ghost of a teen girl in her new home. The mystery girl haunts her, giving her visions that leave clues as to who she was and how she met her violent fate. But the more she learns about the girl, the more she finds that life in this sleepy town may not be what it seems.
The Deep End
Unexpected; thrilling; different!!!
- This is different from my usual choices of books, and I’m glad I’ve been giving other genres a chance. I’m usually not a big fan of ghost stories, but this one was great.
- Good plot, fast-paced read, ended wanting more.
- I love Kaci. She was easy to relate and understand. She is one of those amazing great heroine that I will put on my hall-of-fame as a kick-ass heroine. She is empowering!!!
- Kaci’s relationship with her stepdad is a breath of fresh air. Really, I read a lot, and always the relationship between steps are stressed. Not this one. In fact, her stepdad has outshone most characters of the book.
- Jo is also a good secondary character. I like the girls friendship and the fact that they are like yin-yang.
- The end of this book is one of the most unexpected ever. Really, I thought I had this all pegged. In fact, a lot was predictable, but at the end I was like WOW!
- The mystery per se was predictable, but somehow it grabs you and I couldn’t put this book down. I needed to keep reading to know what was coming. Very addictive read!
- Kaci was an amazing sister, her relationship with Aven was beautiful.
- I guess part of the end. I’ve truly enjoyed the twist at the end, but I believe something was missing. I wanted to know more of how Kaci got on with her life. Maybe one more chapter, I don’t know.
- It was pretty obvious what had happened in the past, maybe if the book had one more sub-plot it could have created a bigger suspense.
- I don’t love the cover. In fact, I wouldn’t buy this book looking at this cover. I cannot see Kaci at all looking at it. But I like the title and it has helped me decide to read the blurb so I could pick this book.
You MAY buy this book because you like ghosts; you SHOULD buy this book because you are looking for a nice paranormal read; you MUST read this book because you like empowering female character and a book thriller that you can’t put down!!!