I received this book for free from Author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Dax by Shannyn Leah
Series: Bad Boys of Willow Valley
Published by Pronoun on November 21, 2017
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Format: kindle e-book
Buy on Amazon
Dax Colyn is one of the bad boys of Willow Valley. A fearless volunteer firefighter and hard ass mechanic, he makes all the woman swoon and he likes it that way. He keeps people at a distance since his mother died. He doesn’t want to let anyone in, much less a woman he knows he could fall in love with.
Ava Anderson keeps people away, too. Haunted by her tortured past and constantly fearful of the future, it’s only her daughter Olivia and Dax’s dad Rowdy that she’s let in.
But when tragedy strikes, it pushes Dax and Ava together, forcing them both to let go of their fears. They soon learn how hard it is to keep pretending and how easy it is to let others in. Especially when those people are family.
“Dax” is the first in the “Bad Boys of Willow Valley” series from author Shannyn Leah.
Boys never grow up, honey. They just learn how to mask their immaturity with their charm. by Wanda
Dax is a mechanic and a volunteer firefighter at Willow Valley. He is also one of the small town bad boys. He has one rule only: to never spend more than one night with a woman. After seeing his father suffering when his mother died, he has vow to never allow love to make him weak like that. The only problem is that it has a loose variable in his equation. Her name is Ava, the girl his father brought home seven years ago after she lost her family in a house fire.
When something terrible happens, Dax has to man up and become the man of the house. Could a bad boy become someone a family can count on?
When I know what I want, I don’t back down and I fight for what I want. I get what I want and I protect it and I treat it right. by Dax
- Cover: What a great cover. It tells part of the story. Looking at it, we already know a fire station is going to be important. The title is simple and catchy at the same time. We know the book is going to tell Dax’s story and we could guess this is going to be a hot one, figuratively and literally.
- Plot: This was a fast-paced read that kept me guessing and left me wanting more at the end. The plot is cohesive with no loopholes and has a great setting.
- Characters: They are the star of the book. They are easy to love, understand and connect. Dax is swoon-worthy. A really great book-boyfriend. Ava is a kick-ass heroine. So many amazing secondary characters that is hard to decide who I would want to know better first.
- Heat: Their chemistry is undeniable. When they are in the same room there is always fireworks. I love the bar scene.
- Freshness: The author has created this great small town and has given some unique characteristic to her setting. The differences are in small doses, but Ms. Leah has left her imprint that distinguish her story from all the others out there.
- Addictiveness: This was an easy read for me. I read it in almost one sitting and I had a hard time to let it go.
- I don’t have anything to say that I would improve. I guess, I only wished I already had book two to read it.
I’m not very experienced in the whole dating/relationship thing, but I think it’s a two-way street. You give and take. Love and hate. But at the end of the day, you do it together. by Ava
This is a new-to-me author that I’m very glad I’ve found. In fact, more like she found me.
I’ve truly enjoyed Dax and I’m looking forward to reading this series. There are so many interesting characters that I couldn’t pick one person to have on the next book. I also like the small town created by the author. I believe it has a lot of room to explore here.
You MAY read this because you like the author; you SHOULD read this because you enjoy great characters; you MUST read this if you like a sexy read that focus on family!!!