I received this book for free from InkSlinger PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Bro Code by Kendall Ryan
Published by Dream Press on May 1, 2018
Cover Design: Uplifting Designs
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Format: Digital, print, audiobook
Source: InkSlinger PR
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Amazon CA, Buy on Audible
From New York Times bestselling author Kendall Ryan comes a flirty new standalone about falling for your older brother's best friend.
There’s pretty much only one rule when you’re a guy.
Don’t be a douche.
Turns out, the fastest way to break that rule is to fall for your best friend’s sister.
Ava’s brilliant, sharp-tongued, gorgeous, and five years younger than me.
She’s the sexual equivalent of running with scissors. In a word, she’s dangerous. And completely off-limits.
Falling for her could ruin everything.
Yet I can’t seem to stop, even when her company is threatened by a lawsuit, and my promotion hinges on representing the opposing client—and winning.
I can’t see a way out of this mess that doesn’t end in a broken friendship, a broken heart, or a ruined career.
I may have broken the bro code when I fell for Ava. But do I have the balls to handle what comes next?
Also by this author: Baby Daddy, Tempting Little Tease
- Addictiveness: Highly addictive.This was a sexy, fast read for me.
- Character: hero 4.5/5, heroine 4.5/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 5/5, real 5/5 Barrett has never had a good connection with his family, he has felt more at home with his befriend’s, Nick, family. He had one little problem, he had been attracted to Nick’s little sister for a long time. But he knew he could never break the bro code. Ava had dropped everything to help out her father after he was sick. Now, she is the owner of her factory and feels responsible for the lives of all those workers that she has grown up with. What she has not time in her life now, is for Barrett, her older brother best-friend and her teen crush. Both of them are hot for each other and while they say no, their bodies say yes. So, they play the hot-and-cold game for a while. They both were multidimensional characters that were easy to love, connect and understand. I loved their easy flirt and banter. They were cute and sexy together.
- Cover: art 4/5, title 5/5, subtitle 5/5, color-font 5/5, buy 5/5 I’m obsessed with book covers. I love to find snippets of the stories within the art. What is not to like about this art? It is hot as hell. The title is perfect and the colors/font used worked well. My only complain would be, that I don’t really see Barrett here. I believe a man in suit or sweat pants would be more fitting. I’m shallow, I know, but I would easily buy this book without reading the blurb.
- Plot: believable 5/5, conflict 4/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 4/5, enjoyment 4/5, opening 5/5, pace 5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 3/5 Good opening and wonderful ending. Interesting conflict and amazing dialogues. Fast-paced with a bit of angst to enhance the story. This story is believable and enjoyable. I’ve laughed a bit with the dialogues, I’ve squirmed in my seat with all the heat between the couple and I’ve felt like slapping some sense into Barrett. There was a bit of everything needed for a good plot here, and there is no loophole in this story. Another great plot from Ms. Ryan.
- Romance: believable 5/5, chemistry 5/5, description 5/5, development 4/5, steam 4/5 Their love story grew accordingly. They both were attracted to each other when younger, but had never made a move, for different reasons. Now, they are all grown up and their attraction has left the simmering stage and is complete explosive now. They tried to avoid the unavoidable. They were hot together. Even better, they truly liked each other. They enjoyed talking with one another and laughing together. Their romance was sexy and beautiful.
- Writing Style: Great characters, interesting plot, fantastic romance with some hot smut.
- Freshness: There is nothing really original here. I mean, it is a bit predictable, even the conflict has been hinted at the blurb. But, who cares? What I get here from Ms Ryan is an amazing couple hours of sexy, fun read!
I love the author. I read everything that she writes, and I always enjoy her books. She is a certainty for me!
31/35 STARS – 4 STARS ( 4 stars between 28 and 31 stars)
Addictiveness: 4.5 Character: 4.5 Cover: 4.5 Freshness: 3 Plot: 4.5 Romance: 5 Writing Style: 5
- Action 2/5
- Angst 1.5/5
- Darkness 0/5
- Humor 4/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 0/5
- Would I recommend? Yes.
- Would I re-read this book? YES!
- Would I re-read this series? It is a stand-alone.
- Would I read more from the author? She is a must read for me.
You MAY read this because you like the author; you SHOULD read this because you enjoy fun romance; you MUST read this because is hot and sweet!!!