I received this book for free from Give Me Books Promotions in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Theirs to Protect: A Reverse Harem Romance by Stasia Black
Series: The Marriage Lottery
on March 26, 2018
Genres: Erotic Romance, Ménage, Reverse Harem Romance, Dystopian, Dark
Format: Digital, print
Source: Give Me Books Promotions
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Audible, Buy on eXtasy Books, Buy on Harlequin
In a world where
there’s only one woman for every twelve men, a lottery is the chance for five
lucky men to win the prize of a lifetime… her hand in marriage.
Nix never put his
name in the marriage lottery for a reason.
He doesn’t need a
There aren’t that
many to go around anyway, not after a genetically engineered virus wiped out
90% of the female population.
He has his job as
the head of the Security Squadron and it’s all he needs. He looks out for the
township. He protects the few women who are left.
But when his name is
called to be one of the five husbands to the woman rescued from the badlands,
he doesn’t speak up to correct the error.
like no one he’s ever met before.
That’s the word for
She might be just
the woman to handle a rough, brutal man like him.
Sharing her with
four other men is a small price to pay.
In fact, the closer
they all grow, the more Nix realizes he might finally have again what he lost
so long ago—a real family.
But when Audrey’s
life is endangered, will Nix be able to save the woman he’s just learned how to
For a limited time,
enjoy included bonus content. Theirs to Protect is 300 pgs and ends around the
Also by this author: Hunter, My Alien's Obsession
99c for a limited time
Free in Kindle Unlimited
Dark, dystopian, erotic romance. Ménage. Reverse harem romance.
- Addictiveness: Above the charts addictive!!! I couldn’t put down. I gave up on sleep for reading. I couldn’t sleep before finishing the book. I couldn’t let go!!!
- Character: hero 5/5, heroine 5/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 5/5, real 5/5 Yes! Double yes! In fact here is 6x YES! Audrey is AMAZING!!! Kick-ass heroine!!! She was so easy to love, connect and understand. Audrey got 5 husbands, each with a totally distinctive personality. It felt like they were each a piece of this perfect puzzle that would become their clan. Ms. Black has created multidimensional characters that were lovable and believable. A few secondary characters that I’m looking forward to read more. Oh, I have to mention again how fabulous Audrey was!!!
- Cover: art 5/5, title 5/5, subtitle 5/5, color-font 5/5, buy 5/5 I would buy this book without reading the blurb. In fact, I don’t think I read the blurb when I chose to read it. What can I say, this cover is PERFECT! Not only sexy and powerful, but it has the a wonderful title and great usage of colors/font. Wow!!!
- Freshness: I love reverse harem. Yes, this is make-believe, so why should a woman choose between so many wonderful men out there when she could have them all? 🙂 But usually most of the reverse harem out there are all the same. NOT THIS ONE! This feels fresh, UNIQUE! It plays with a dystopian world, it touches several issues that we have now and is a bit dark.
- Plot: believable 4/5, conflict 5/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 5/5, enjoyment 5/5, opening 5/5, pace 5/5, setting 3/5, subplots 4/5, twists 5/5 Great opening and wonderful ending. Perfect conflict and dialogues very well written. Fast-paced with enough subplots to enhance the story. A few unexpected twists that truly made the story. It gave depth to the plot.
- Romance: believable 5/5, chemistry 5/5, description 5/5, development 5/5, steam 5/5 Great smut! I loved how the author developed this love story. In this world, that everybody has their own demons to fight, to be able to forge bonds and create their own clan, can be a gift and curse. It must be hard to open old wounds and trust the unbelievable in search for love. At the same time, in a world with not enough hope flying around, to have others to support you and care for you is almost utopian. That’s how this love story felt. Hard, tough, beautiful and poignant.
- Writing Style: One of the best reverse harem out there. Wonderful characters, great plot, brilliant love story!
- I know Ms. Black warned the readers at the beginning that she wasn’t used to dystopian. She even explained that she was trying to mix a little bit. This was a good first try, but I missed a bit more darkness, grit here.
32.5/35 STARS – 4.5 STARS (4.5 stars between 31.5 and 33 stars)
Addictiveness: 5 Character: 5 Cover: 5 Freshness: 4 Plot: 4 Romance: 5 Writing Style: 4.5
- Action 4/5
- Angst 3.5/5
- Darkness 2/5
- Humor 2/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 3/5
- Would I recommend? I would recommend this book for everyone that enjoys reverse harem. This is a MUST!
- Would I re-read this book? Yes.
- Would I re-read this series? I will!!!
- Would I read more from the author? She has become a certainty!!!
You MAY read this because you enjoy erotic romance; you SHOULD read this because it has great smut; you MUST read this because the heat is backed-up with depth!!!!