I received this book for free from Passion Publishing Inc. in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Published by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform on 09/27/2017
Format: kindle e-book
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Source: Passion Publishing Inc.
Buy on Amazon
She’s taking a chance and he’s risking it all.
Christie: I’ve spent my whole life in a small town, and this journalism job is my big shot at something more. The only problem is, I need to find a great story if I want my boss to renew my contract. When Ace walks into my life, sexy, dark and dangerous, he might just be the lead that I’m looking for. If I chase the story, I might lose him. Is it worth the chance?
Ace: I’ve been fighting all my life. It’s the only thing I know how to do. I’m used to fighting dirty, but a rigged fight is really weighing on my conscience. Then Christie walks into my life, innocent, gorgeous and sexy as hell. She complicates matters even further and now I have a choice to make. Do I keep fighting and lose her, or do I make the ultimate sacrifice?
Something about him made her want to punch him in the face and kiss him all at once. by Christie
Christie has recently moved from a small town to work as a journalist. When she is given an ultimatum from her boss, she knows she has to try her best, because she doesn’t want to go back home as a failure.
Ace lives in the moment. His life is dangerous and he cannot get attached to anything.
A casual encounter changes it all. Could they become each other’s solution?
- Cover: I like the cover. You know it’s going to be a hot read and you could guess it has a bad boy. Looking at it I would even guess a fighter.
- Plot: It was a fast-paced read. It was cohesive written with not many typo mistakes even though I got an ARC and they are not the finished work. It kept me guessing and I’ve ended wanting more. A well written novella has you feeling like that, wishing it had been longer.
- Characters: They were both easy to like, connect and understand. Christie would be a good friend even though she had a few dumb moments :). Ace was hot. A real bad boy, and usually they are my favorite type of alphas. 🙂 There is nothing like reforming a bad boy.
- Heat: Their first time together was one of the hottest scenes I’ve read lately. Really amazing! Their chemistry worked. It felt real!
- Addictiveness: Really, this is a short story and it flows so well that you can read this in one sit down.
- Freshness: I guess the story didn’t bring anything new, but it was entertaining enough with great characters and good plot, it doesn’t make you miss it the WOW factor so much.
Ms. Spencer has used a common formula to her book. The lonely bad boy who lives in a dangerous world but deep down is a “good boy”. The empowering female that will sweep in and change everything. Well, what’s wrong with a winner strategy? Nothing! As long is well written I can re-read a good formula every day of the week.
Ms. Spencer does a great job of holding her reader’s interest. Her plot is solid and her characters shine. She has left me wanting more and I’m looking forward to read her books.
You MAY read this because you like romance; you SHOULD read this because you like your romance spicy; you MUST read this if you like empowering women and hot bad boys!!!