I received this book for free from InkSlinger PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.VERY IRRESISTIBLE PLAYBOY by Lila Monroe
Series: Billionaire Bachelors #1
Published by Lila Monroe Books on January 22, 2018
Genres: Romantic Comedy
Format: Digital, print
Source: InkSlinger PR
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Amazon AU, Buy on Amazon CA, Buy on Amazon UK, Buy on Google Play, Buy on Audible, Buy on eXtasy Books
"We're racing the clock on a crazy treasure hunt, and my sexy new boss wants to show me where X marks my G-spot?!"
Hot bachelor Max Carlisle is heir to a media empire, tabloid catnip, and... wants to hire me to be his fake fiancee. I know what it takes to keep a billionaire in line, but signing up for seven days in close quarters with this Very Irresistible Playboy? It's just asking for trouble. The kind of thrilling, reckless trouble I could use a little more of since my career is currently ass-backwards in a mud bath with six shih-tzus (don't ask).
So do I:
a) Take the job, and bicker wildly every step of the way?
b) Embark on a mad-cap treasure hunt to claim his billion-dollar inheritance?
c) Try my hardest not to fall head-over-heels in love with him and wind up having the best sex of my life?
d) All of the above?
Something tells me I'm about to be way out of my league... and under the most handsome, infuriating man I've ever met. But with a fortune on the line, can we beat out his crazy relatives to win the prize? And will our fake relationship be game over at the finish line?
BILLIONAIRE BACHELORS SERIES:
1 VIP (Jan 2018)
2 Hot Daddy (April 2018)
3 Wild Card (June 2018)
4 TBC (Aug 2018)
Also in this series: Hot Daddy
Also by this author: Hot Daddy
Romantic Comedy with dual-POV.
- Addictiveness: It was a fun fast-read!
- Character: hero 4/5, heroine 4/5, secondary characters 4/5, growth 4/5, real 4/5 Good characters. They were easy to love, connect and understand. Max was a hot, rich playboy with substance. Hallie was a good heroine. She was someone to count on. Several interesting secondary characters and I can’t to Jules story with Max’s friend.
- Cover: art 4/5, title 5/5, subtitle 4/5, color-font 5/5, buy 5/5 Great cover! Is perfect for the story. Great title, with good cover art and amazing color/font usage. I would buy this book without reading the blurb.
- Plot: believable 4/5, conflict 3.5/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 5/5, enjoyment 5/5, opening 4/5, pace 5/5, setting 4/5, subplots 3.5/5, twists 3.511/5 Good opening and wonderful ending. Interesting conflict and well written dialogues. Fast-paced with a few subplots that add to the story. One nice twist that gave the story a bit of an emotional end.
- Romance: believable 5/5, chemistry 5/5, description 5/5, development 5/5, steam 5/5 I like how the love story has progressed here. They were both hot for each other and it grew accordingly from attraction, to liking and loving. Yes, the timing is really fast, but this is fiction.
- Writing Style: Really good. Great plot with interesting characters and some fun. Romance with a dash of heat that works for all sort of romance lovers.
- Freshness: The story was good, but a bit predictable. There was no major surprises here. But who needs surprise when you have a well written book to read? 🙂
This story was fun and cute. Looking forward to reading the next book.
28.5/35 STARS – 4 STARS (between 28 and 31/35 stars)
Addictiveness: 4 Character: 4 Cover: 4.5 Freshness: 3 Plot: 4 Romance: 4.5 Writing Style: 4.5
- Action 3/5
- Angst 0/5
- Darkness 0/5
- Humor 4/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 0/5
- Would I recommend? I would recommend this book for everyone that enjoys a rom-com.
- Would I re-read this series? Sure.
- Would I read more from the author? Yes, Ms. Monroe’s writing is a fun and sexy!
You MAY read this because you like romantic comedy; you SHOULD read this because you like the author; you MUST read this because you want a cute, sweet romance with a dash of spice!!!
“I think we should establish some ground rules,” I announce, as we drive along the curving ocean road. Palm trees are swaying, the ocean is glittering aquamarine blue, and it’s all so gorgeous and romantic, I need to cling to some semblance of professionalism.
Max groans. “Do we have to?”
“Yes,” I say firmly. “We’re pretending to be in a relationship, so things could get . . .”
Hot . . . Tempting . . .
“Complicated,” I finally decide.
“OK.” Max sounds amused. “What did you have in mind?”
“No touching below the waist,” I say. “No PDA except holding hands and quick kisses. No tongue. And no talking about our imaginary sex life.”
I’m a little too hot and bothered just imagining we have an imaginary sex life.
“Fine.” Max grins. “I promise not to ravish you in front of my entire family.”