I received this book for free from Author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Series: A Good Wife #2
Published by SB Publishing on November 6, 2017
Format: kindle e-book
Genres: Contemporary Romance, Interracial
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Amazon UK, Buy on Amazon AU, Buy on Amazon CA
This marriage was supposed to be another business deal. My latest investment, a means to an end… I need an heir. Which means I want her belly swollen with my child before the year is out.
She was supposed to be my perfect little bride. Quiet. Uncomplicated. Unemotional.
I didn’t foresee the stunning firecracker who tumbled into my life and woke things in me I thought were long dead. I didn’t count on her turning my world upside down.
And I definitely didn’t plan on falling for this beauty.
This marriage was supposed to be my sacrifice. A way to save my father, a means to an end… I need to remain childless. So I can exit the contract at the end of the year.
He was supposed to be a boring old man. Distant. Uncomplicated. Passionless.
I didn’t foresee the rude, arrogant and beautiful brute who made my body react like fire and smoke. I didn’t count on there being more underneath his gruff exterior.
And I’m definitely not supposed to fall in love with the beast.
This is a NEW story using old characters from the unpublished novel, Girl Wife Prisoner. This version has no Keir, no cheating and a Happily Ever After. Although this book is part of a series, it is a standalone novel.
In life we must either be the water or the rock. Up until now I had accepted that I was water, allowing myself to fit the container. I was placed in, allowing myself to bend around the obstacles in my path. by Noriko
Noriko was the eldest daughter, the one responsible for her family. When her family needs her, she goes all out and make the ultimate sacrifice for them. She has a plan, so she doesn’t have to be stuck in a bad place forever. But usually, even the best laid plans can go askew.
Drake has become a statistic. A workaholic that needs to slow down, or his health won’t hold it. He decides he needs an heir and go through unconventional ways to get it. He is looking for a demure, bendable wife. He doesn’t get what he wants, but what he needs.
Could they find love with such unsettle plans? Could they get over adversity and find truth within themselves?
- Cover: Amazing cover! It is sexy and fun! We can see he is a hot, business man. The title also implies he will get a bride. I like how the colors were used in the art work.
- Plot: Ms. Blake has created a cohesive plot with no weak points in which everything is relevant to the story. The story is long, but we don’t feel it. It keeps you guessing and wanting more in the end.
- Characters: Both main characters are multi-dimensional and complex. They both have so many things to overcome. Noriko is young and impulsive; Drake brings so much baggage from his past that he has a long path towards love. Even though, they both annoyed me sometimes, they have taken me into an emotional roller-coaster.
- Heat: The couple’s chemistry is great and there are many great scenes of smut. The author incorporates this well into the story and every scene has a reason to be there.
- Freshness: This is a unique story. Different than most I have read out there.
- Addictiveness: Even though it was a long book, I have read it in half a day. Amazing flow!
- Characters: Even though they are great characters I have to point something that has bothered me sometimes. Both characters presented profound wisdom and sometimes very immature actions. If we think that Noriko was 19 and Drake 34 some things didn’t feel as real. What I mean is that Noriko felt too wise for her age and Drake to immature for his age. They have both been presented as equals but they had 15 years age difference. So, Noriko’s impulsitivy and immaturity was compatible with her age, but her wisdom, even though it comes from her oriental heritage still felt too much! Drake in the opposite side of the spectrum was 34 years old but sometimes was a lot more immature than Noriko. I also know that he was presented as this spoiled billionaire, but I think I should have felt their age difference.
“In Japan we repair broken pottery using lacquer made of gold”, she traced right across my heart, “because we believe our flaws, our cracks, are precious. There is no need to disguise them or try to hide them. They are part of your history. Part of your beauty.” by Drake listening to Noriko
This was an amazing read. Not an easy one in the sense that we feel too much. Both characters are so complex that the author take us in a journey with them. Their personal growth don’t happen instantaneously! Each of them went through their personal setbacks and their problems as a duo. It feels real and it was beautifully done. It hurt so good!!!
I will definitely be reading Ms. Blake again, in fact I have add her to my top authors list.
I’m a character reader, and there is nothing that grabs me more in a book than multidimensional characters.
You MAY read this because you follow the series; you SHOULD read this because you like the author; but you MUST read this for an amazing journey of acceptance and love!!!
RELEASE WEEK SPECIAL ONLY 99¢
YOU COULD WIN A KINDLE FOR YOU OR TO GIFT FOR THE UPCOMING HOLIDAYS!!
▼click the image to be redirected▼