I received this book for free from InkSlinger PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
on March 26, 2018
Cover Design: Laura Hidalgo
Cover Photographer: Eric Battershell
Genres: Contemporary, Erotic Romance, Adult
Source: InkSlinger PR
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Amazon UK, Buy on Amazon CA
The girl code “Chicks before d*cks” should include that no friend can steal another friend’s boyfriend—or marry them.
When Ashton Carter's "good idea at the time" revenge plan lands her in hot water, she never expected to see her ex again—especially in court. A few thousand dollars in damages later, she snags a job as a phone sex operator and seeks out a roommate to help fund her "stay out of jail" expenses. Having a roommate should’ve been helpful—except when they turn out to be the hot, yet douchebag mechanic working on her car.
When Ashton learns that her new roommate has been the sexy phone sex caller, lines begin to blur between real life and fantasy. It was supposed to be a no-strings-attached situation; neither of them were ready for love again. When a surprise visit from an ex shakes their forming foundation with an ultimatum, Ashton is forced to face the truth of her feelings and make a choice. With her budding relationship and livelihood at stake, Ashton has to untangle the lines of reality and fantasy in a last ditch effort to protect her heart.
Today we have the blog tour of WITHHOLDING NOTHING by Victoria Bright! Check it out and grab your copy today!
Contemporary, Erotic Romance. Dual-pov.
Sexy fun and hot as hell!!!
- Addictiveness: Highly addictive!!! I couldn’t put down this book. I almost read in one sitting. I only stopped to sleep and woke up to finish.
- Character: hero 5/5, heroine 5/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 5/5, real 5/5 I love them all. O’Shea is dreamy. Really, that man is book-boyfriend material. He his hot, dirty, sweet, caring, I could be here all day saying all his good qualities. He has dealt with a bad situation and somehow found a way to start over better. Ashton is also awesome. She was really easy to relate and connect. She was in a tough spot when meeting O’Shea, but she all she needed was the right person to help her turn into a butterfly. She came out totally on top by the end of the book. I love her friends, I love Rocky and Alex. I even liked the parents. Really, so many multi-dimensional characters that we would love to know more.
- Cover: art 4.5/5, title 5/5, subtitle 5/5, color-font 5/5, buy 5/5 I love this cover and after reading the book it became even better. I can totally see O’Shea and Ashton there. I love the title and how it plays with the colors and font. I would buy this book without reading the blurb!!!
- Freshness: Even though the story doesn’t have anything we could say WOW, how different, the overall book has a fresh vibe. This story is about fresh starts and new love.
- Plot: believable 5/5, conflict 5/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 5/5, enjoyment 5/5, opening 5/5, pace 5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 5/5 Great opening and wonderful ending. Perfect conflict and dialogues well written. Fast-paced with a couple of good subplots. A very steamy romance with a few bumps thrown in the way.
- Romance: believable 5/5, chemistry 5/5, description 5/5, development 5/5, steam 5/5 YES!!! This is hot hot hot hot hot! Really cold-shower kind of hot. Felt like jumping my husband after reading it. So many amazing scenes and the description was perfect. Fanning myself, just thinking about it.
- Writing Style: Great!!! Wonderful characters, amazing plot with hot relationship. What is not to like?
My first book by the author and I’m already looking forward what else of hers should I read. I love to find amazing new-to-me-authors!
33/35 STARS – 4.5 STARS (4.5 stars between 31.5 and 33 stars)
Addictiveness: 4.5 Character: 5 Cover: 5 Freshness: 3.5 Plot: 5 Romance: 5 Writing Style: 5
- Action 1/5
- Angst 1/5
- Darkness 0/5
- Humor 5/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 0/5
- Would I recommend? I would recommend this book for everyone that enjoys steamy romance.
- Would I re-read this book?Yes
- Would I re-read this series? This is a stand-alone.
- Would I read more from the author? Yes. In fact, I’m already choosing something else from the author to read.
You MAY read this because you follow the author; you SHOULD read this because you like steamy romance; you MUST read this because if sexy and funny!!!