I received this book for free from NetGalley, Entangled Publishing in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Series: Wicked Delights #4
Published by Entangled: Scorched on November 20, 2017
Format: kindle e-book
Genres: Erotic Romance
Source: NetGalley, Entangled Publishing
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Kobo
Marnie is getting back on her feet after fleeing a bad relationship. As part of her new life, she arrives at Wicked Brand in search of tattoos to cover scars from a long-ago trauma, hoping it will allow her to finally feel pretty. What she gets is a hot Latin tattoo artist who sets every part of her afire.
Sexy as sin Tor can work magic with his stunning 3-D designs and wants nothing more than to see Marnie smile. She's a rare combination of sweet and wickedly sensual. The kind of woman he can't easily resist—and doesn't try.
Their sessions at the parlor turn into evenings of steamy delight as they feed their carnal hunger and growing intimacy, playing shameless games that leave them breathless and wanting more.
When her ex shows up, determined to have her back under his control, the danger is real. But this time Marnie is stronger, determined…and no longer alone.
Each book in the Wicked Brand series is a STANDALONE story that can be enjoyed out of order.
* Wicked Takeover
* Wicked Seduction
Marnie had longed for bed play like this her entire adult life. Games that fueled her wayward fantasies but also encouraged trust and laughter. A wicked seduction.
- Plot: The story has good pace and I have ended wanting more. I like how the author brings domestic violence into the story. She deals with such a delicate topic with finesse.
- Characters: I have really liked Tor. Marnie, I liked her most of the times, but I think there were a few inconsistencies from what she said and how she acted.
- Heat: This is a hot book and the couple has good chemistry.
- Addictiveness: Is was an easy, fast read.
- Cover: I don’t understand this cover. It doesn’t match the story, and it doesn’t match the characters.
- Plot: It was too fast! I mean, how they met and they become a couple was too fast, too easy. Lots of things didn’t make sense. Marnie came from two really bad experiences, but it only take her 2 meetings to trust Tor. I don’t know, it didn’t feel real.
- Freshness: This was a really predictable story. I was hoping for a twist or two.
I have mixed feelings about this story. There were some really good parts, and there were others not so good.
This was my first book of the series, and I’m curious about it. I think I would like to see what comes next. In fact, I’m interested to read Jasmina’s book with the cops. I’m hoping will be a ménage.
You MAY read this because you follow the series; you SHOULD read this because you like smut in your stories; you MUST read this for a hot alpha hero!!!