I received this book for free from Goddess Fish Promotions in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Sonar The Surge by B. Truly
Series: Sonar #3
on April 23, 2016
Genres: New Adult, romantic science fiction
Source: Goddess Fish Promotions
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Smashwords
Eclipsed by darkness, the Romelands must face the ultimate quest. If they are forced toward the umbra peak, they will be completely obscured.
Symone struggles with her most challenging battles … the conflict within herself. Losing loved ones steals part of her soul. Despair has created a gaping hole where her heart should be. Symone doesn’t even recognize herself. She has to determine if this is the person she’s turned into, or if it is who she has always been.
Nile is an attractive aristocrat whose charm and arrogance drives Symone insane. Beyond Symone’s control, Nile is spun into her life. But she’s not sure if she can have a relationship with him or where that could lead her. Embracing love could make her whole again, but it may also destroy her. Symone must travel through the opaque light in order to find where her destiny lies.
Symone’s family, Shiray and Syira, continue to fight in the feuds of their galaxy. Together they have to find the balance between compassion and sacrifice. Kadanans are being held captive, and they hold the fate of their world in their hands. They have only begun to understand the consequences of the devastating realities of war.
The enemy of my enemy is my friend, is the philosophy the Romelands now abide by. With chaos and turmoil at every corner, they may forget what is worth fighting for. The surge for power has erupted. Only the strongest race will be left standing.
Sonar the Surge
The book will be $0.99 during the tour
Action-packed; emotional; unusual!!!
- It has three different voices. Really, three different P.O.V and none of them is the main character. In my opinion, Nile was the main star of this book, and the POV that we get are from the three heroines of the trilogy. Also, at the epilogues we have three more voices, all three heroes of the trilogy. Really cool! Unexpected! It worked!
- The bad boy, the guy that it seems was a womanizer, falls in love. In fact, he has to chase his girl, because she is not certain about anything. I’ve enjoyed that. It kind of has a role reverse compared to most romance stories out there.
- A lot of relationships going on. A lot emotions flying around. This book has a bit of everything, from sorrow and despair to hope and a lot of sweet moments.
- I also like the family link here. This trilogy is about the three royal siblings Brian, Syria and Nile. I’ve liked how they connect and relate to each other and how their love interests add to the family dynamics.
- I like that each character was their own person with a totally different personality and even a unique power.
- I was starting to fear for my romantic heart, but the epilogues have saved me. 🙂 Really, they were a nice touch and they have added substance to the story.
- The book cover. Yes, I’m always talking about them. Book covers talk to me, they add to my reading experience. Sadly, this one, I wouldn’t even buy it. I don’t like it. After reading the story, I can see elements there, that’s why I have given 2 stars instead of 1 but I still don’t like it. Too much black, the couple has clearly been put there together and the colors and overall effect are not good.
- I had trouble with this book. I guess most of my problems existed because I haven’t read book one and two. I really must stop this out-of-order series thing, because even though I read that it could be read as stand-alone, I’m certain my experience would have been better with the earlier books. There were wars going on, that had started on book one, there were very important characters that have had their stories on the earlier books, in fact, their voices were part of the POV of this book.
- Probably because I haven’t read book one and two, I was unable to relate or connect with the characters. I tend to enjoy my reads better when I can have a sort of cathartic experience with the books. While reading this story I was just a reader, not someone truly feeling the characters emotions.
You MAY buy this book because you like sci-fi romance; you SHOULD buy this book because you have enjoyed the series; you MUST read this book because you like relationships filled with emotions and ups-and-downs!!!
- Symone * * *
Several days passed since I had told Nile about Amere. I’d been majorly pouting with Nile’s no touching rules. I wanted to just say screw it and throw him against the wall. But when I contemplated us being together, it made my heart ache. I don’t know why I thought if I kept him at a distance, it would keep him safe.
Cessar yanked me from my reverie. I jumped. I was in the casual dining area after dinner. He leaned against the bar table I was sitting at.
“Cessar, you scared me.”
“Sorry.” His chocolate eyes beamed. “I didn’t mean to startle you. I’ve been wanting to talk to you.”
“Okay, go on.”
He scanned the room. A few other Kadanans were eating and making idle chit-chat. “Can we go somewhere more private? What I want to discuss is personal.”
“Sure.” My heart pounded as I followed him into one of the living rooms. He closed the door, then came over to where I was standing.”
“What’s going on, Cessar?”
“Symone, I thought we had a connection. We get along great.”
“We do have a connection. I enjoy your friendship.”
“I want us to be more. I know you have been hanging with Nile. I needed you to know how I felt before it was too late. Are you and he already courting?”
“No, we’re not together officially. But I’m not going to lie. We have been spending a lot of time with each other.”
“I’ve known Nile for a while. He’s a womanizer.”
“I know Nile also, and there’s another side to him.”
“I would like for you to consider us getting together. I really care about you.”
He grabbed my hand and leaned in closer. I backed up slightly, but I couldn’t go any farther because I was against the fireplace. My stomach tightened. I couldn’t pretend anymore. I had strong feelings for Nile.
“Cessar, you’re a really great guy … I just don’t think we can be anything more than friends.”
The door whirled open. Nile walked in, took one look at us, and lost it. I quickly pulled my hand from Cessar but could only imagine what we looked like backed into a corner.
“What the hell is going on!”