I received this book for free from InkSlinger PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Series: Keepers of Xereill #1
on March 26, 2018
Format: Digital, print
Genres: romantic science fiction
Source: InkSlinger PR
Buy on Amazon
On her untamed gift hinges the future of a planet—and her lover’s life…
A month ago, ex-army Major Areg Sebi was thrown into prison.
Now he’s on the scaffold, laying his head on the block.
No public trial for the disgraced war hero. No cyborgs from the League of Realms to whisk him away.
No help. No escape.
A priestess chants a prayer for the major’s soul, even as a judge cries out, “Death to the traitor!”
In the crowd below, laundry maid Etana Tidryn stares into Areg’s eyes.
His lips were hot against hers last night. His hands roamed her body, worshipped her, pleasured her.
She’s falling for him, hard and fast.
She’s still hoping, even if he’s given up…
Can Etana transcend everything she knows—transcend life itself—to save him?
Can she rise to meet her destiny?
Today we have a blog tour for THE TRAITOR’S BRIDE by Alix Nichols! Check it out and grab your copy today!
Romantic Science Fiction.
Book #1 of a series. This is not a stand-alone. This ends in a major cliffhanger which I wasn’t expecting. I, personally don’t mind cliffhangers, but I believe it must be mention at the blurb.
- Addictiveness: This was a really fast read that kept me going until the end. Really, I was shocked when it ended!
- Character: hero 5/5, heroine 5/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 5/5, real 5/5 Wow! Great characters with amazing development. Both Areg and Etana are easy to love, connect and understand. There is a lot material for the future of the series.
- Cover: art 5/5, title 5/5, subtitle 5/5, color-font 5/5, buy 5/5 This is great art. Looking at it you would guess science fiction with a hot male. 🙂 The title, colors and font works perfectly to the overall appeal. I would buy this book without reading the blurb.
- Freshness: ONE-OF-A-KIND! This feels fresh and unique. The world built is amazing, really creative.
- Plot: believable 4/5, conflict 5/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 2/5, enjoyment 5/5, opening 4/5, pace 5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 5/5 Great opening and horrible ending. Perfect conflict and dialogues well written. Fast-paced with enough subplots to carry on the series for a long time. A few unexpected twists here and there, that makes this story believable and sort of enjoyable. The end left so many things unresolved.
- Romance: believable 4/5, chemistry 4/5, description 5/5, development 5/5, steam 3/5 This is a beautiful, hot romance. Ou better yet, this is the beginning of a beautiful romance. Because the book ends out of nowhere and things are unresolve still.
- Writing Style: Amazing world-built, great characters development. This is a really great book for a very promising series.
- The end!!! I don’t mind serial, but it MUST be stated on the blurb. As it is right now, you believe this is the first book of a series that each book has an end to the story. The end here has no solved issues. It stops in the middle of the story. I’m taking out a star because of it.
What! I couldn’t believe when the book ended.
My first book from the author, and definitely not my last. I need to know what will happen with Etana and Areg!!!
30.5/35 STARS – 3.5 STARS (4 stars between 28 and 31 stars; I’m taking out half a star for the cliffhanger)
Addictiveness: 4 Character: 5 Cover: 4.5 Freshness: 5 Plot: 4 Romance: 4 Writing Style: 4
- Action 3/5
- Angst 0/5
- Darkness 0/5
- Humor 0/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 3/5
- Would I recommend? I would recommend this book for everyone that enjoys a sci-fi romance and doesn’t mind cliffhangers.
- Would I re-read this book?Yes
- Would I re-read this series? Sure.
- Would I read more from the author? I will definitely follow this series.
You MAY read this because you follow the author; you SHOULD read this because you enjoy sci-fi romance; you MUST read this for an amazing world-built!!!