I received this book for free from InkSlinger PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Series: Billionaire Bachelors #2
Published by Lila Monroe Books on April 2, 2018
Genres: Romantic Comedy, Contemporary
Source: InkSlinger PR
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Barnes & Noble, Buy on IBooks, Buy on Kobo, Buy on Google Play, Buy on Amazon UK, Buy on Amazon AU
Welcome to the Billionaire Bachelors series, where the sexiest men in the city are about to meet their match…
Playboy CEO, Cal McAdams, lives life in the fast lane: hot women, hotter deals, and… a fake fiancee? I signed on to help reform his reckless image and win custody of his god-children, but I wasn't expecting to come face-to-face (and mouth-to-mouth) with my wild Vegas hook-up from three years ago.
AKA, 6"3 of tanned muscle, sharp suits, and 'undress me' eyes.
AAKA, the best thigh-clenching, bed-shaking sex of my life.
AAAKA, the man who couldn't be more off-limits if he had a uranium belt wrapped around his, um, assets.
I've never been one to break the rules, but Cal has me wanting to rip them up - and roll around naked on the scrap paper. But with just three weeks to turn this bachelor into a DILF, can we keep our crazy chemistry from derailing his plans? Or will gold-digging relatives, rambunctious pre-teens, and a little thing called love leave us both crashed out of the race?
Find out in the new sexy, hilarious romantic comedy from Lila Monroe!
Contemporary Romantic Comedy.
Book#2 of a series, can be read as a stand-alone. Of course, seeing characters and knowing the past enhances the experience.
- Addictiveness: I love the series. Is fun, fast-paced and hot!
- Character: hero 5/5, heroine 5/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 5/5, real 5/5 Yes! They are all amazing! Cal was a great surprise. What I have read from the glimpse we got from him from the first book, I was expecting something different. He was passionate and hot. Such a great god-father. Jules was also great. I already loved on the first book. She was a take charge kind of gal. Really the way she learned how to deal with the kids along with Cal was amazing. I can’t wait to read Olivia’s book now!
- Cover: art 4/5, title 5/5, subtitle 5/5, color-font 5/5, buy 5/5 Keeping with the series, the art is good and matches the story. Not only I can imagine Cal, but I like the city view behind. I love the title, very fitting!
- Plot: believable 4/5, conflict 5/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 5/5, enjoyment 5/5, opening 5/5, pace 5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 5/5 Great opening and wonderful ending. Perfect conflict with great dialogues. Fast-paced with enough subplots to enhance the story. A few unexpected twists that gave a bit of angst to the story. Amazing! It is all very sudden, but the fact they have met before helped to believe in their love story.
- Romance: believable 4/5, chemistry 5/5, description 5/5, development 5/5, steam 4/5 Yes. This was fun, sweet and hot. Good romance, with great scenes and description.
- Writing Style: Ms. Monroe is one of my to-go of romantic comedy. She know how to balance comedy and smut really well. Wonderful characters, great plot with cute romance!
- Freshness: There is nothing extremely original here, specially after you read the first book of the series. But who needs a new concept with great plot and amazing characters?
This series just keeps getting better. I can’t wait for Olivia’s book. I’m certain is going to be the best of them all!
31.5/35 STARS – 4.5 STARS (4.5 stars between 31.5 and 33 stars)
Addictiveness: 5 Character: 5 Cover: 4 Freshness: 3.5 Plot: 4.5 Romance: 4.5 Writing Style: 5
- Action 0/5
- Angst 1/5
- Darkness 0/5
- Humor 5/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 0/5
- Would I recommend? I would recommend this book for everyone that enjoys rom-com.
- Would I re-read this book?Yes
- Would I re-read this series? Sure.
- Would I read more from the author? One of my go-to authors for some fun steamy read!
You MAY read this because you like the author; you SHOULD read this because you follow the series; you MUST read this for such amazing characters!!!
I bring the rest of the dirty dishes over to the sink, and we work in companionable silence for a few minutes, Jules rinsing plates before handing them to me to set in the dishwasher.
See? Nothing sexy about dirty dishes.
“Great stacking, Cal,” she says, looking surprised.
“What, you think I don’t know how to load a dishwasher?” I make a face. “I’m not completely useless.”
“Well, no,” she allows, tilting her head to the side. “Not completely.”
“Oh, you think you’re funny,” I say, reaching over to dip my fingers in the suds before flicking them in her direction.
“I am,” she says, flicking me back. “And don’t start.”
“Start what?” I ask, reaching over and splashing more. But this time, the water hits her square on, soaking her T-shirt so the thin cotton goes translucent. Clinging to her curves, and the outline of her bra.
Okay, so apparently dirty dishes can get sexy, after all.
Jules clears her throat and grabs a hooded sweatshirt from the back of a chair and pulls it on-zipping all the way to her chin. “You good to finish in here?” she asks, looking flustered.
I nod. Down, boy. “You go put your feet up.”
“You don’t have to ask twice.”
Jules exits the kitchen, fast, and I sigh. Kissing her back at HQ was a massive mistake . . . which left me with a massive hard-on for the rest of the afternoon. I couldn’t help it. Something about Jules is dangerously kissable.
And definitely fuckable.
I scowl at the dishcloths. I’ve never had a problem keeping my hands to myself before, and if I wanted to get a workout, I have plenty of options. I may not be living the wild playboy lifestyle anymore, but that doesn’t mean I’m a monk.
But Jules is off limits.
Which is probably why I’m going crazy over here trying not to notice the way she bites her lower lip when she’s thinking . . . or how her jeans fit way too well.
And if I even let myself start to remember how she felt in Vegas, bucking against me, begging for more-
Fuck, I’m going to need a damn cold shower twice a day at this rate.
VERY IRRESISTIBLE PLAYBOY (Billionaire Bachelors #1) – available now.