I received this book for free from Barclay Publicity in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Series: Preload #4
on May 1, 2018
Format: Digital, print
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Source: Barclay Publicity
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Barnes & Noble, Buy on IBooks, Buy on Indigo, Buy on Amazon UK
Lennon McCartney is not a broken man. Because being broken implies being whole once. When a horrific accident deprives him of the one thing he loves—his talent as a fierce and explosive drummer—Lennon is left with a life chained by an abusive mother, by crushing guilt over a tragic past. A life he doesn’t want.
Dr. Georgia Starr is a legend. She’s one of the most successful neurosurgeons in the world, coming from a long-line of respected New York doctors. Her life is built around solving complex medical cases in order to bring relief and hope to sick children. But the one problem she can’t solve is how to live her life. How to shake loose the burden of being her elitist, arrogant father’s daughter. How to be free.
Can a man who despises his life and a woman who desperately needs to live find the answers, and love, with each other?
We are excited to celebrate the release of LENNON REBORN, the final instalment in Scarlett Cole’s Preload series! Join us for reviews and excerpts plus enter to win a complete series set of signed paperbacks!
Buy Now: Amazon US | Amazon UK | B&N | iBooks | Chapters Indigo
Book #4 of a series. They can be read as a stand-alone, but they show up in each other’s book, since each book is about one member of the band.
**Some topics that may be a trigger for some people.**
- Addictiveness: Over-the-charts addictive! It transformed me in an emotional mess. I couldn’t let go!
- Character: hero 5/5, heroine 5/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 5/5, real 5/5 They are both so amazing, so easy to love, connect and understand. Each of them, in a totally different way, was broken. Lennon, OMG, I don’t even know how to explain the journey he goes through here. He is intense, full of depth and very heartbreaking. Yes, I’ve cried with and for Lennon, almost from the beginning. He was like a vase that had been shattered, lots of tiny pieces, and Georgia, this amazing heroine, glued each piece back through the emotional journey these two characters took. Georgia was not whole either, but she was brave enough to face Lennon’s demons and while not having great experience with love. Georgia was the glue that putted Lennon’s pieces back together, and he was the missing piece to Georgia’s puzzle. He needed to be taken care of, and she did that. She needed to feel loved, and he provided that. Wow!
- Cover: art 4/5, title 4.5/5, color-font 3.5/5, buy 4/5 The art is good, but I missed something more personal of the story. This could belong to any book, really. I love the title and the colors/font used. I would buy this book without reading the blurb.
- Freshness: Emotional! Gutsy! The author took a risk, because to offer so much angst could have the opposite effect on the reader, somehow Ms. Cole made it all feel important and not too much. It was one-of-a-kind!
- Plot: believable 5/5, conflict 5/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 5/5, enjoyment 5/5, opening 5/5, pace 5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 5/5 I don’t even know what to say here. IT WAS PERFECT! Really, from almost the first page until the end the reader kept guessing and wanting more. I’ve cried a lot here. This is an emotional rollercoaster. I was sad a lot, but I was also happy and hopeful.
- Romance: believable 5/5, chemistry 5/5, description 5/5, development 5/5, steam 5/5 Lennon got a second life through love. Gia’s patience, care, tough love mended him and remade him. In exchange he gave her the most beautiful love he could. They complemented each other so well. Oh, their chemistry was amazing and the smut was hot! This hurts, like all the great love stories does. Poignant!!!
- Writing Style: FANTASTIC! Everything was perfect, from the wonderful plot, to the superb characters, to the most beautiful love story.
Ms. Cole is a master with words. Here, she takes the reader into an emotional journey that helps we appreciate life, how precious it is and how love may cure anything. For a moment, I was even in doubt if we would have a happy ending here.
34/35 STARS – 5 STARS (5 stars between 33.5 and 35 stars)
Addictiveness: 5 Character: 5 Cover: 4 Freshness: 5 Plot: 5 Romance: 5 Writing Style: 5
- Action 2/5
- Angst 5/5
- Darkness 2/5
- Humor 0/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 0/5
- Would I recommend? Yes. Yes. Yes. You MUST read this!!!
- Would I re-read this book? Yes.
- Would I re-read this series? Big YES!!!
- Would I read more from the author? a MUST read!
You MAY read this because you like the author; you SHOULD read this because you followed the series; you MUST read this for an emotional experience!!!
LENNON REBORN Excerpt
Copyright © 2018 Scarlett Cole
Georgia ripped off her coat and tucked it around the man of the floor. The air was sharp against her skin. Without thinking, she used her hand to move the stray hairs from across his face, and the man gasped. She checked his pulse and could tell the blood loss was getting dangerous.
“What’s your name?” she asked as she shone her light in his eyes. The tightness in her gut relaxed a little when they responded as they should.
The man hissed in a breath. “Lennon.”
“Do you know what day it is?” she asked.
“April . . . fucking . . . Fool’s . . . day.”
“Well, Lennon,” she said calmly, “the paramedics are almost here, and we’ll get you out of here soon.” She reached for his uninjured hand and squeezed it between hers. There was a spark of static between them, white and powerful. His life force. The thought was overwhelming.
“Let me go . . .”
She released his clammy hand immediately. “I’m sorry, I was just trying to give you some comfort. I—”
He reached for her hand, gasping. His fingers were large against hers. “No . . . you should . . . let . . . me . . . go.”
His eyes rolled closed.
No! She wouldn’t let him die. She tapped the side of his face until his eyes opened. “Wake up. I am not letting you go anywhere,” she said, knowing that any semblance of the professionalism to which she usually clung was slipping away. She believed patients’ stories about tunnels of white light, and seeing loved ones, and auras dimming. And she knew everyone needed to be allowed to leave if they really felt it was their time. But there was something so different about Lennon. She could feel his life force vibrate from his hand into hers, as if she taken hold of an electric fence. The energy was slipping away from him, and she would do anything to put it back in him.
He tugged her down toward him, so his lips could brush against her ear. “I’m . . . tired . . . of my life. Just . . . let me . . . go.”
His eyes closed, again.
She rested her forehead on his. “Your work here on Earth isn’t done, Lennon,” she said, tears burning her eyes. “And I am not going to let you go.”
Enter to win the Complete Preload Signed Paperback Series eBooks!