I received this book for free from Booksprout in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Series: Love On Location #1
Published by Entangled Brazen on July 24, 2017
Format: kindle e-book
Genres: Contemporary Romance, Military
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Barnes & Noble, Buy on IBooks, Buy on Kobo, Buy on Google Play, Buy on BAM, Buy on Indigo
Best friends with benefits…
Avery Forrester has never been the type to settle down—not to one place, not to one job, and certainly not to one man. Still, when her long-term best friend with benefits comes home on leave with a plan—including marriage and children—she realizes she'll have to do something drastic in order to keep him. Luckily, drastic is what she does best.
…isn't enough anymore.
U.S. Marine Holden Morris has never backed down from a challenge. And this time, that challenge is persuading wild child Avery Forrester, the woman he's loved his entire life, to marry him. He wants the whole deal—a wife, a family. But convincing her to become a military wife won't be easy. Then again, he knows Avery—in every way possible. Armed with that kind of knowledge—carnal and otherwise--how can he possibly fail?
We are friends who happen to sleep with each other. We’re pretty good at being friends, and he’s pretty great at the other stuff, so I’m settled. by Avery
Avery has had a lifetime of break-ups being the daughter of the small town screw-up. The one constant in her life has always been her best-friend Holden, and she truly believes in not messing with something that is working so well. When Holden comes for his one week visit and changes the tone of their relationship it has her scared and confused.
Holden is a man on a mission and there is nothing that a military man enjoys more than a MISSION. Even though convincing his one true love that she is just THE ONE feels more like MISSION IMPOSSIBLE. Will he finally surrender or could his will once more persevere?
The only thing on his mind was wooing Avery Forrester. Once he’d finished knocking down all the carefully constructed walls around her heart, he’d prove that he was the man for her. by Holden
- Plot: This was very well executed. Cohesive, with no typo mistakes, everything relevant to the story with no weak points. The author has created a hot, fast-paced read that kept me guessing and ended wanting more.
- Characters: OMG! They were amazing. Really, Holden is the perfect book-boyfriend. He is the guy you dream about for you, for your daughters and friends. He is hot, smart, caring, patient, really perfect. Avery was wild but extremely real. She could be me, you, anyone really. They were both easy to love, connect and understand.
- Heat: This book is H.O.T! I mean, Panty-wetter, cold-shower hot! Jumping my husband kind of scenes. The smut is presented with great descriptions. The couple’s chemistry is explosive and their love undeniable.
- Addictiveness: Really addictive read! I couldn’t put this book down and it an easy, fast read.
Taking off his clothes was like a never-ending Cracker Jack prize. It got better every time she opened the box. by Avery
- Cover: It is an ok cover. I know I’m picky but what can I say? I love when the cover tells its own story. Like I said, this one is ok, but has no WOW factor. The only thing I would guess from it is that is a hot romance novel. I wanted more!
- Freshness: This is a great love story that we know how is going to end. There is no surprise. But you know what, I love a very well written romance and for me, I didn’t miss the twist in the story.
You can’t leave without… she’d said. You can’t leave without taking a part of me with you. by Avery
This was my first book by this author, but definitely not my last. I have truly enjoyed Ms. Gatta writing style. I love romance and I love when they come with smut. There are lots of smutty books out there, but amazing smut with great plot is an endangered specie. Ms. Gatta’s smut is GREAT! There is all this sexy scenes but they all have a reason to be in the story. The couple’s emotions could be felt and their chemistry burns the reader. Yep! I want more!
You MAY read this because you like romance; you SHOULD read this because you like great characters; but you MUST read this because you are looking for very well crafted steamy scenes!!!