I received this book for free from Chapter by Chapter Tours, Entangled Teen in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Series: Grad Night #2
Published by Entangled: Crush on January 8, 2018
Format: kindle e-book
Genres: Contemporary Romance, Young Adult
Source: Chapter by Chapter Tours, Entangled Teen
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Barnes & Noble, Buy on IBooks, Buy on Kobo, Buy on Amazon UK, Buy on Amazon AU, Buy on Amazon CA
Zoey Handler is ready to put an end to her decade-long rivalry with Gordon Meyers. They’ve traded top spot between valedictorian and salutatorian for years, but all that’s over now. Right? But after a crazy graduation speech prank gets out of hand, suddenly their rivalry turns into all-out war. Time to make peace with a little friendly payback.
Step one? Make him believe they’re now friends.
Step two? Show him the time of his life at an epic graduation party.
Step three? Don’t fall for his tricks.
Step four? Absolutely, positively, do not kiss him again.
So what if he’s cute? (Okay, hot.) So what if he’s charming? (Heaven help her, tempting.) So what if he apologizes? (That has to be fake.) She knows the real Gordon. And no matter how much her heart begs her to stop, there’s no turning back.
Disclaimer: This Entangled Teen Crush book contains one epic party, complete with every high-schoolers-gone-bad shenanigan, and two rivals who discover maybe they could be something much more…if only they’d stop fighting long enough to notice it.
- Addictiveness: Fast, light read.
- Character: hero 4/5, heroine 3/5, secondary characters 4/5, growth 4/5, real 3/5 They are great characters. Both really immature, which can be believable at high school, and competitive. Gordon is sweet. Zoe, was harder to decipher, but it was explained in the book. Several interesting secondary characters.
- Cover: art 4/5, title 5/5, subtitle 4/5, color-font 5/5, buy 5/5 The title alone had me deciding to read this book. The art is sweet and you know is a romantic YA.
- Freshness: It feels different from what is out there. The concept of the series is unique. A major event that is changing many of these teens lives. A whole series around this event.
- Plot: believable 2.5/5, conflict 4/5, dialogue 4/5, ending 3.5/5, enjoyment 4/5, opening 4/5, pace 4/5, setting 5/5, subplots 4/5, twists 3/5 Well written, with the stories from the series intermingling with each other. The right amount of drama, not becoming too heavy. I love the conflict and the end even though was too perfect, was sweet and cute.
- Writing Style: I love the writing style. Specially how the author has created a series revolving around the same event in a small time frame. Is different and unique!
- Romance: believable 4/5, chemistry 3/5, description 3/5, development 3/5, steam 3/5 Good chemistry, but slow development of the romance. I wanted more romantic moments. It was good, but the revenge took a lot of it. If I forget the time frame of the book, I could see how Gordon has liked Zoey for a while and their competitive nature was what kept them apart for so long. I believed in them as a couple, but wanted more cuteness between them.
Even though I read lots of reviews saying it could be read as a stand-alone, I believe this story is deeply connected inside the series, and the greatest experience would be reading them together. I didn’t, and felt like I was missing something. I went back and read first book, and felt in love with the series as an overall. Is interesting and unique!
- Action 3/5
- Angst 4/5
- Darkness 0/5
- Humor 3/5
- Romance 3/5
- Suspense/Mystery 0/5
- Would I recommend? Yes. If you like YA romance light and fun, you should give this series a try.
- Would I re-read this book? Yes.
- Would I re-read this series? YES!!!
You MAY read this because you like the author; you SHOULD read this because you followed the series; you MUST read this for some fun, cute love story!!!
Grad Night #1
Love in the Friend Zone by Molly E. Lee
Series: Grad Night #1
Published by Entangled: Crush on August 14, 2017
Genres: Contemporary Romance, Young Adult
Buy on Amazon
The only thing worse than not being able to tell your best friend you’re head over heels in love with him? Having to smile and nod when he enlists your help to ensnare the girl of his dreams.
Braylen didn’t even want to go to Lennon Pryor’s epic graduation-night party, but when Fynn begs her to be his “wingwoman,” she can’t deny him. Talking up her BFF—how he’s magic behind a camera, with a killer sense of humor and eyelashes that frame the most gorgeous blue eyes in the history of forever—is easy. Supporting his efforts to woo someone so completely wrong for him? Not so much.
Fynn knows that grad night is his last shot before leaving for college to find true love. And thanks to Bray, he gets his chance with the beautiful Katy Evans. But over the course of the coolest party of their high school careers, he starts to see that perhaps what he really wants has been in front of him all along. Bray’s been his best friend since kindergarten, though, and he’d rather have her in his life as a friend than not at all.
Disclaimer: This Entangled Teen Crush book contains one epic party, complete with every high-schoolers-gone-bad shenanigan, and two best friends whose sexual chemistry is off the charts...if only they’d succumb to it.