I received this book for free from InkSlinger PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Series: Sixth Street Bands #4
Published by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform on December 20, 2017
Format: kindle e-book
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Source: InkSlinger PR
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Barnes & Noble, Buy on Kobo
I've been clean for years. But now my addiction has a face. Her face... At eighteen, I stood at the precipice of stardom. I had the record deal. And the tour to back it up. But I succumbed to the pressure of that life. The dark side. Now, I skate on the fringe. My brother is the genius guitarist for the band Caged, and I’m the one who helped make that happen. I’m happy to run my bars and my land development company. Sure I am. And then I meet her—Taryn Ayers—the music manager behind the three biggest bands in the country. She doesn’t know I’m Cam’s older brother. Or that I’ve got a secret that makes her world and mine fundamentally incompatible. Problem is, I want to know Taryn. I crave her as much as any drug. But can I risk letting her know me? Lost For You is a STAND ALONE New Adult Romance. Intended for mature audiences due to hot as sin rockstars and the world they live in. **Please note: This book contains instances of drug use.**
Today we have the blog tour for Jayne Frost’s LOST FOR YOU! Check out the tour and grab your copy today!
Lost for You … WOW!!!
Well, this is how I’m feeling now, but trying to write a coherent review…
This is a contemporary romance with a music/star theme. Lots of angst and emotions flying around. This is not a fun, cute, sexy read. This is poignant, beautiful, breathtaking! HOT!!!
It says is a stand-alone novel. I have to say, that I totally don’t agree with this. Yes, I understood the story and after a bit of a struggle I was able to fully concentrate on this couple only. But I felt like I’ve missed parts. There is a lot of mentions from what has happened before. I would recommend the full experience (the series in order, not like I’m doing) to everybody.
- EVERYTHING!!!! I know, I’m being prosaic here. But what could I tell any of you about Ms. Frost writing that I didn’t enjoy? Nothing!
- Addictiveness: This book had me mad. My kids tried to interrupt me several times and I was almost grounding them, so I could have a few hours in peace. What if they were hungry? I was busy living along Chase and Taryn and it hurt like hell. Couldn’t stop, even if I wanted.
- Character: hero 5/5, heroine 5/5, secondary characters 3.5/5, growth 5/5, real 5/5 Character development is Ms. Frost’s forte. Her characters are real. They are neither all good, nor all bad. They have ups and downs. Some of them even while disliking, I understood and respect. I became their friends and I was 100% invested in their lives. Chase, melt me from the beginning and I’m still all gooey here. Taryn and her business stressed me a lot, but I can understand scape when I read it. She hurt, I hurt! I’m looking forward to read about Logan, I know his is coming!
- Cover: art 5/5, title 5/5, subtitle 5/5, color-font 5/5, buy 5/5 Who didn’t got lost in this eyes while looking at this cover? Art work is perfect. Great colors, size of font and intensity of the picture.
- Freshness: Yes. This book is another one out there of bands, stars and music world. But it has its own vibe and feelings. It has nothing so different, but if feels UNIQUE! You end it feeling you have never read anything like it before. The way the characters feelings permeates you, has its own kind of unusual.
- Plot: believable 5/5, conflict 5/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 5/5, enjoyment 5/5, opening 5/5, pace 5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 5/5 Very believable, it felt very real. Both main characters has a lot of conflict to get through and is beautifully done. Everything so cohesive. Great, strong dialogues. There was a few twists, but one that was in SHOCK! WOW!!! Not expecting at all.
- Romance: believable 5/5, chemistry 5/5, description 5/5, development 5/5, steam 5/5 Their chemistry was undeniable. Their romantic journey full of ups and downs. They had so much going on, that it was hard. I loved it! Felt real. The pace that it grew was perfect.
- Writing Style: I’m out of words for Ms. Frost. I’m a character reader, and Ms. Frost is a character writer. Not that her plot isn’t outstanding, but her characters infiltrates the reader’s body and soul that you feel a bit breathless with so much emotion going on, and it becomes hard for you to think of anything else but those characters. I have truly lived a cathartic experience here and I don’t think I could find anything better than this while reading a book. Perfect writing style for me!!!!!
- If I had read the series in order. I’m taking out a half star because I did feel left out from a bit of information while reading. I know, I will understand and enjoy this book even better after reading the entire series. Of course, this is not the author’s fault, I haven’t, but it is mention that this book is a stand-alone novel.
*****WARNING: I’m still so overwhelm by it all, that my review is a bit confusing and prosaic. Really, I have miss the better words and all I could say was WOW.*****
My first book by Ms. Frost and I’m already in love. Specially, I must go back and read the entire series. I felt like doing it several times while reading this book, if it wasn’t for the timeframe to post this review, I wouldn’t have finished before going back into the rest.
Everybody MUST read this! But, this is not for everyday. This is for a day that you have time, you won’t be able to let go; you are in a safe place, you will feel like throwing things, crying, pulling your hair, barking at your children; specially this isn’t for those cute, light days, but for those strong, I can take it all sort of feelings days!!!
- Action 1/5
- Angst 5/5
- Darkness 2/5
- Humor 0/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 0/5
- Would I recommend? MUST READ TO EVERYBODY!!!
- Would I re-read this book? Definitely!!!
- Would I re-read this series? I WILL!!!!!
- Would I read more from the author? One of my mission in life: to read everything Ms. Frost writes!!!
You MAY read this because you like the author; you SHOULD read this because you followed the series; you MUST read this for a cathartic experience!!!