I received this book for free from Booksprout in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Hunter by Stasia Black
Series: Stud Ranch #1
on October 15, 2017
Genres: Erotic Romance
Format: kindle e-book
Buy on Amazon
Snow White’s on the run and sexier than ever…
The last thing I need right now is to fall for a man. I’m on the run. I tried to kill my stepmother after she tried to poison me. So I ran. Running is what I’m good at.
But Hunter Dawkins isn’t just any man. He’s six feet two inches of pure sex in a pair of cowboy boots. And when he makes an indecent proposal in a bar in the outskirts of nowhere, I jump at the chance to escape all my problems for a while by losing myself in him.
I shouldn’t have asked her home with me. But a year after my wife left, when the most gorgeous woman I’ve ever seen walks into the bar, I take leave of my senses.
It can’t be anything more than one night, though. She’s not looking to set down roots, and I know better than to put my heart on the line for another woman who’s just going to up and leave when she’s done with me.
But there’s more to Isobel Snow than meets the eye. She’s got secrets that haunt her. I want to protect her. I want to fight the demons of her past for her. If only I knew what they were. If only she weren’t so stubborn. If only she didn’t challenge me every step of the way—
No. She’s not the woman for me.
So why can’t I stop thinking about the woman who’s as stubborn as she is sweet and sassy as she is sexy?
Full-length standalone contemporary romance.
INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR:
Q – Where did you get the idea for this book?
A – After I finished my last novel, The Virgin and the Beast, I couldn’t stop thinking about the place and characters. I kept feeling like there were more stories to tell there. Dr. Hunter’s story definitely wasn’t finished. Things were bad with his wife, I knew that much. And the more I let myself daydream, the more a whole story universe came to me. Not just about Hunter, but a whole group of guys who’d come to rough it at the ranch. I mean, who doesn’t want to read about gorgeous shirtless, sweaty men? I sure as heck want to write it, lol.
Q – Why should I read this book?
A – This book is a lighter than some of my previous books and I hope readers will find parts laugh out loud funny. I didn’t start out trying to write a humorous book—these characters just tend to take on a life of their own. But don’t worry, I haven’t strayed too far from my erotica roots. Things still stay plenty steamy.
I write the kind of books I love to read: stories that heat things up in the bedroom but not if those scenes don’t go hand in hand with three-dimensional characters, can’t-stop-flipping-the-pages suspense, and quality writing. I like alpha males, (doesn’t hurt if they happen to be wealthy billionaires)!, bad boys, contemporary, classic settings, and women’s fiction where females can be strong while also exploring all sides of their sexuality.
Also by this author: Theirs to Protect: A Reverse Harem Romance, My Alien's Obsession
Well, Eagle Scout Hunter, I give you a ten for presentation and let’s say a… She pursed her lips, … and eight point five for performance. by Isobel
Isobel is running away from her evil stepmother. The only place she thinks to go to, is a horse sanctuary she has heard good things about. She understands animals, in fact, she connects better with them than with humans. What she is not looking for is a man. But what sane person would send away a whole night of fun?
Hunter hasn’t been able to move on since his wife left, but when he sees the gorgeous strange woman inside the bar, he decides he can have one steamy night to let go of his past. But reality is never to far, and it comes crashing down on him in the morning. Is he ready to jump in the dark and risk get steamrolled again?
He supposed the real question was whether or not he was up for the chase. Was he willing to risk it all again for love? by Hunter
I guess my question would be, what hasn’t worked for me within this book? I’ve loved it!
- Cover: It is hot! Usually I’m shallow like that, this type of cover has me downloading a lot of freebies. 🙂 But, I love when a cover adds to my reading journey. This one, even being sex as hell, doesn’t tell me anything about the book.
- Plot: So so so great! The author has written a fast-paced, cohesive plot that has kept me reading in one sitting and feeling dizzy at the end. Yes! I want more!!!
- Characters: OMG! They are great. All of them! Primary and secondary. I’ve loved, connected and understood them. I want to meet them all and I would love to spend a summer with them at the ranch. 🙂
- Heat: YES! It has been a while that I read an extremely hot book (which I’m a fan) with amazing plot. Even though there is a lot of smut, it all feels relevant to the story. OMG! So many scenes! This is a scorching hot, jump-your-husband-afterwards kind of book. Scenes at bars, trucks, rugs. You name it!
- Freshness: I like the authors creativity. There is nothing boring about this book and even the usual stuff feels a bit unique. A couple of twists at the end has really added to the shock value.
- Addictiveness: I spent the entire day in the same chair reading this book. Today is a holiday in Brazil and I’ve skipped lunch reading this. I couldn’t put down!
- If I had book #2 of the series now to read. The only thing that could be better here.
I love finding new-to-me authors. Ms. Black is one of those amazing surprises. In fact, I wasn’t expecting this book to be so so so good. I started with trepidation. I have been a bit unlucky with some of the ARCs I have accepted this month. Specially those that I’ve chosen just because the cover was hot.
I love steamy, smutty reads. I can read all sort of romance, but steamy ones are more my style. But lately I haven’t found many as hot as this one.
What about world-built? This one is awesome. Great little town with one of the best set of characters in which everybody seems interesting. I want to meet them all!
You MAY read this because you like great small towns; you SHOULD read this because you enjoy AMAZING characters; you MUST read this because you want your reads HOT and DANGEROUSLY STEAMY!!!