I received this book for free from Barclay Publicity in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Nikan Rebuilt by Scarlett Cole
Series: Preload #3
on January 2, 2018
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Format: kindle e-book
Source: Barclay Publicity
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Amazon AU, Buy on Amazon CA, Buy on !ndigo, Buy on Audible
From the queen of heart-pounding, sexy, emotional romance Scarlett Cole comes Nikan Rebuilt, the next novel in the Preload series.
Does the past ever really stay in the past?
Nikan can never be complete. He's got a rock group made up of the family he built for himself, more money than he knows what to do with, and a stream of groupies falling over themselves to date him. But none of them are her. The one regret that still plagues him, still taunts him with what he could have had.
Jenny is a survivor. Now running a group home after overcoming life in a cult lead by her manipulative father and watching her mother drink the poison he fed his followers, she fights to keep the light in the eyes of every boy who walks through her doors. Far from simple young love, Nik taught her to trust, showed her how good life could be. Before he formed the band. Before he became a famous rockstar. Before he destroyed it all.
A chance meeting after years of no contact shows the connection still blazes between them. But will they have their second chance at love? Or will the weight of their past crush their future together?
Also in this series: Lennon Reborn
Also by this author: FINAL SIEGE , Lennon Reborn
Does the past ever really stay in the past? Find out in Scarlett Cole’s NIKAN REBUILT, the steamy, third standalone in her rockstar romance series, Preload. After years of no contact, Nik and first love Jenny’s connection still blazes between them. Will they have their second chance at love? Or will the weight of their past crush their future together?
- Addictiveness: Very addictive! It kept me on the edge of my seat and unable to let go!
- Character: hero 3.5/5, heroine 5/5, secondary characters 4/5, growth 5/5, real 4/5 Jenny is amazing, totally loved her from the beginning. Nikan, it was a progression. I started hating him, but while reading I saw his growth, changes and ended up liking him.
- Cover: art 4/5, title 4.5/5, color-font 3.5/5, buy 4/5 I’m not certain what attracted me initially here. But after reading the book, I can’t imagine a better title. The cover art is sexy. The colors, I’m not a huge fan.
- Freshness: Unique! Ballsy! Different than what is out there.
- Plot: believable 4/5, conflict 5/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 5/5, enjoyment 4.5/5, opening 4/5, pace 5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 4/5 Amazing plot! Is well written, with everything cohesive. Perfect balance of angst and happiness. Is not an easy read. It plays with your emotions and leave you raw. It’s gutsy!
- Romance: believable 4/5, chemistry 4/5, description 4/5, development 5/5, steam 3/5 Is an old love story being rebuilt. Is not fast and it shouldn’t have been. First, their romance is destroyed, so it can be restored. Is brilliant!
- Writing Style: WOW!!! I started hating the male character and I was in shock the author wanted me to like him and connect with him. Ms. Cole proved herself when she brought the anti-hero and made me understand him and believe in him at the end. Amazing craftsmanship!!!
- Even though I understood the story, I believe I will enjoy it even more after I read the the rest of the series. Sometimes, I felt like I was missing something. Nothing bad to say, just pointing out, that I wouldn’t call it a stand-alone.
After this, I’m becoming a follower. Really, Ms. Cole has astounded me and left me speechless. When I started reading it, I was certain that I would hate it. In fact, I regretted choosing this a few times. Ms. Cole weaved a web of words that magnetically pulled me and kept me on the edge. I had to let go of so many preconceived notions and certainties about what is right or wrong, or most specially about what should be or not forgiven that I truly believe I’ve come out a better person at the end of this experience.
- Action 2/5
- Angst 4/5
- Darkness 0/5
- Humor 0/5
- Romance 4/5
- Suspense/Mystery 0/5
- Would I recommend? Yes. Yes. Yes. You MUST read this!!!
- Would I re-read this book? Yes.
- Would I re-read this series? Big YES!!! In fact, I will very soon, because I have already downloaded the other books from the series.
You MAY read this because you like the author; you SHOULD read this because you followed the series; you MUST read this for a cathartic experience!!!
Copyright © 2017 Scarlett Cole
Nik took the towels out of her hands and placed them on the dryer. “Hey, come here,” he said as he reached for her hands. “Talk to me.”
She wasn’t ready to, not least because she didn’t understand the swirl of feelings sweeping through her. To put into words for Nik exactly how that felt was impossible. “I’m fine, I’m good. I just have a lot to do here now.”
Nik placed his finger under her chin and raised her eyes so she was forced to look at him. “I think we can safely say that lies have no place between us. So, I’ll tell you what I’m thinking, and then you can tell me what you’re thinking. Okay?”
Jenny sighed and nodded. “Okay.”
“I didn’t come here tonight expecting to kiss you like this. I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t thought about it, but I know I have a lot of work to do to prove myself to you. But seeing you laugh, and seeing you look at me, just for a moment, without the pain I caused you in your eyes . . . Well, I don’t even know how to begin to explain what that felt like to me—except that I didn’t want to be away from you for another moment, and that it felt like a new beginning of sorts. If there’s any doubt in your mind about what that kiss did to me, I’d encourage you to touch me and check, but I think that might be a step too far, given where we are. Now it’s your turn.”
His words made her stomach flip, and despite her best efforts she was filled with a warm and fuzzy feeling. She looked over to the staircase again to check that nobody was within earshot. “We’re coming at this new friendship . . . relationship . . . from two completely different places. I’m mad at myself for letting you get this close to me again. It’s reckless to fall for you all over again and I know it. But when you stand so close to me, I can . . .” Crap. How could she explain that the way the smell of him, and the heat of him, and the proximity of him, and the touch of him took her straight back to that time and place where she wholeheartedly loved him?
“You can what?” Nik asked, moving his hands to her hips.
“I can remember us. Before.”
Enter to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
(Plus ebook copies of JORDAN RECLAIMED and ELLIOTT REDEEMED!)