I received this book for free from InkSlinger PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
on January 30, 2018
Format: kindle e-book
Genres: Romantic Comedy
Source: InkSlinger PR
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Barnes & Noble, Buy on IBooks, Buy on Kobo, Buy on Amazon UK, Buy on Amazon AU, Buy on Amazon CA
If anyone asks, I knew better than to flash my boobs for Mardi Gras beads.
I still don’t know why I did it.
Maybe it was the dare from my two best friends.
Maybe it was the guys on the balcony saying they’d throw Fireball shots with the beads.
Or maybe it was the quiet guy in the corner of that same balcony with piercing gray eyes, wavy dark hair, and a smile so tempting I wanted to climb up there and lick it off his face.
Maybe it was because I never thought I’d see them again.
Not that it matters. Not today.
Because the hotel I manage was finally bought—and the guy who walks in and introduces himself as my new boss is Mr. Tall, Dark, and Silent.
There are many upsides to being single.
Your new boss knowing what your boobs look like?
Not one of them.
Romantic comedy with duo-POV.
Book one of series. This is the first book of a trio of friends from New Orleans.
Mellie has worked at the hotel she manages for the last nine years and now it has a new owner. Two days prior her boss arrival she stupidly flashes her boobs to some guys on the streets of New Orleans during Mardi Grass. What was a little dare between her and her best-friends becomes something more when her new boss is one of the guys that has seen her boobs. From his arrival forward there is a lot of funny dialogue and hot chemistry. While Mellie tries to avoid the inevitable, Jake keeps playing with fire. Will they explode or fizzle?
You’re the clumsiest person I’ve ever met, but that also makes you the most adorable. And I’m not going to lie, I’m starting to think I might be a little obsessed with you and your eccentricities. by Jake
- Addictiveness: This is a fun, fast read, that can be done in one sitting.
- Character: hero 5/5, heroine 5/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 5/5, real 5/5 There is no better way for me to enjoy a book than to connect with the characters. Here, they are all so easy to love, connect and understand. Jake is hot, funny, and easy-going. Mellie is fun and upbeat. All secondary characters are interesting and I can wait to know them better. They are complete believable and feel real.
- Cover: art 4/5, title 5/5, color-font 5/5, buy 5/5 I love book covers and I buy many books without even reading the blurb. Here you have cute art with amazing color scheme and font. The title is catching and I would guess this to be a fun read.
- Freshness: This book feels fresh. This is not a regular office romance, but a fun, unusual encounter that turns into great banter between the couple.
- Plot: believable 4/5, conflict 4/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 4/5, enjoyment 5/5, opening 5/5, pace 5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 4/5, twists 1/5 Amazing opening, and good ending. Fun conflict, with great dialogue. Great pace and setting. Good subplots with a believable story. There is not many twists, is pretty straight forward, but in reality here we don’t need twists.
- Romance: believable 5/5, chemistry 4/5, description 5/5, development 4/5, steam 2/5 This is a cute romance. They are hot for each other and they have to weight in the pros and cons of a relationship between them. Even though they clearly have great chemistry, it takes a while for them to jump in those uncharted waters. If feels believable and very enjoyable to read.
- Writing Style: Good writing! Cohesive plot with great character development. Everything in the story has a reason to be there, and there is enough curiosity for what comes next. This book kept me guessing and I’ve ended wanting more.
- Plot: If I have to choose something, I would love to have had more chapters from Jake’s POV. But I also know this series is about the three friends and not their guys.
This is not my first read by Ms. Hart and I love her writing style. I would recommend her books to anyone that enjoys romance.
- Action 0/5
- Angst 0/5
- Darkness 0/5
- Humor 5/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 0/5
- Would I recommend? I would recommend this book for everyone that enjoys romance.This is a very uncomplicated read that is high in the enjoyment factor.
- Would I re-read this book? Definitely!!!
- Would I re-read this series? Yes!!!
- Would I read more from the author? I will!!!
You MAY read this because you follow the author; you SHOULD read this because you like romance; you MUST read this for a FUN, UNCOMPLICATED read!!!
Chloe grimaced, turning around to face me. “Does he show up randomly at your house?”
I jumped out of my chair. “Shut up! No!”
She pointed at the door. “There’s a hot guy who just pulled up in an Audi unexpectedly with dark hair, who wears a white shirt the way hookers wear thongs, and has an ass like a giant, ripe peach.”
Three loud knocks sounded at my door.
“Oh God!” I moaned, clutching at my stomach. “I have to hide. Can you stall him?”
Peyton grinned. A shit-eating warning grin.
“Actually, no, never mind,” I whispered harshly. “Peyton, you go out the back, I’ll hide, and Chloe can get rid of him!”
Peyt shook her head. “Not a chance. Who is it?” she added, shouting the last three words.
I clapped my hands over my mouth. Not only was this not a good time because I was still freaking out over the kissing, but we’d not long finished a yoga DVD and I was still sweaty and gross. Not to mention I was pretty sure I’d pulled a muscle.
And the powder. I was covered in donut sugar, okay?
“Uh… It’s Jake,” came the reply through the door.
Peyt waggled her eyebrows. “Jake, eh?”
I glared at her then stuck my middle finger up in her direction. “I hate you.”
The door hinges creaked, and the next thing I knew, Chloe was standing in the door frame. “Hi!” she said in an upbeat tone. “I’m Chloe.” She shoved her hand at him.
“Jake,” he replied slowly, taking her hand. “Is Mellie here?”
“She’s here, but she might be hiding.”
Peyton burst out laughing. My cheeks flamed red, and I stormed across the room and tugged her away from the door.
“Hi. Excuse her. She didn’t take her meds this morning,” I said.
Chloe poked my cheek. “Hello, Mommy. Did you bring me my cookies?”
Peyton, still laughing, stood up. “Okay, Chlo, drop it. Let’s go. We have work to do.”
I spun around as she slipped her laptop into her purse. “And you need to leave to do that? You literally just showed us a penis photo.”
“Your house doesn’t have the right Feng Shui.”
“You’ve never looked up Feng Shui!”
She pointed a finger in my direction. “You don’t know my life!”
Jake blinked between the three of us.
Chloe grabbed hold of her purse and then Peyton’s arm. “We’re going. Call us later, okay?”
Jake moved out of the way while Chloe dragged Peyton out of my house.
“And don’t forget to put your foot down on the kissing thing!” Peyton shouted, eyes sparkling. The last I saw of her was a large, mischievous grin right before Jake shoved the door shut on her.