Published by Tantor Audio on April 12, 2016
Genres: Contemporary Romance, Sports
Source: purchased as an audiobook on Amazon
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Amazon AU, Buy on Amazon UK, Buy on Google Play, Buy on BAM!, Buy on !ndigo
The first time I met Brody Easton was in the men's locker room. It was my first interview as a professional sportscaster. The famed quarterback decided to bare all. And by all, I don't mean he told me any of his secrets. No. The arrogant ass decided to drop his towel just as I asked the first question. On camera.
The Super Bowl MVP quickly adopted a new hobby: screwing with me. When I pushed back, he shifted from wanting to screw with me to wanting to screw me. But I don't date players. And it's not because I'm one of the few women working in the world of professional football. I'd date an athlete. It's the other kind of player I don't date. You know the type. Good looking, strong, cocky, always looking to get laid.
Brody Easton was the ultimate player. Every woman wanted to be the one to change him. But the truth was, all he needed was a girl worth changing for. Turned out I was that girl. Simple, right? Let's face it. It never is.
There's a story between once upon a time and happily ever after...and this one is ours.
Contains mature themes.
Delilah is a NFL sportscaster. In her first interview as a pro, she interviews Brody Easton a major player in and out of the field. He bares it all for her. But Delilah don’t date players.
Brody always goes after what he wants. Right now, he wants Delilah, the sinfully hot NFL journalist. What he doesn’t know is that their past may haunt them forever.
Are they willing to fight ghosts for a happily ever after? What if some ghosts are closer than they think?
- Cover: Do I really have to explain this one? Just look at this cover and you know it going to be H.O.T!!! Really if you look at the details, you see a dirty, sexy as hell, football player. You can guess it’s going to be a sports romance, with lots of smut and an amazing book boyfriend. Ok, maybe this last part I’ve only learned after I’ve finished the book.
- Plot: O.M.G! It’s perfect! You have a fast-paced, fun, cohesive romance, with lots of smut that all are pertinent to the story. What is not to like? I love duo POV, when Ms. Keeland threw in a third POV in the middle of the story it was perfection!!!
- Characters: They are easy to love, connect and understand. You want to become Delilah’s friend and Brody is the PERFECT book boyfriend. Also there are so many secondary characters that I would love to know more about.
- Heat: From the first moment they met I knew that together they would combust. Their chemistry is off-the-charts and Ms. Keeland is a master in writing the perfect smut scene. Wow!
- Freshness: I like how the author chooses a very common topic and put some of her personal touches, some twists and BOOM; makes this story unique.
- Addictiveness: I couldn’t stop listening to this. I couldn’t sleep until I had finished the book.
First I have to say, I’m not used to audiobooks. I had tried once, two years ago and in a spur of the moment thing, I’ve decided to listen to this one now. It could never replace my kindle and reading words. In fact, I love quotes and I’ve missed them for this review. But also I found lots of advantages. I could listen while working out, doing home chores and driving. So, I had to listen a few chapters twice, because sometimes I felt I got a bit lost. But in an overall experience I have enjoyed this. I will keep listening to books. My problem will be how will I choose which book I should get in audio format.
Because of this, I have to say I have enjoyed both the narrators’ voice. Sometimes, I laughed because they switch voices to represent someone else’s speech.
Now about the book…
Wow! I have never read anything of Ms. Keeland before. My mistake! Now I will definitely remedy that.
To be original writing contemporary romance you have to be subtle and fluid. Ms. Keeland has done that masterfully. The twists came when I was least expecting and gave another texture to her story.
Also, her characters are multi-dimensional. They have soul and they dig inside your emotions. You not only read about them, you feel them and for them.
You MAY read this because you enjoy sports romance; you SHOULD read this because you like perfect book boyfriends; you MUST read this if you want to FEEL the story!!!