I received this book for free from Booksprout in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Series: Bluestocking Brides #1
on July 26, 2017
Format: kindle e-book
Genres: historical romance
Buy on Amazon
“No eligible bachelor wants to marry a bluestocking…especially not those frightful Chadwick girls.” – Lady Jersey, Almacks Patroness.
Amelia’s writing was often prone to getting her into trouble. Hence why she eventually took on a penname. But it seems, once again, her unthinking need to spill out everything onto paper will land her in hot water.
After her sisters persuade her the only way to get over her love for Lord Nicholas Wentworth is to write about him, Amelia devotes hours and hours of ink to the subject. However, she never expects for Nicholas to end up in possession of this information. How could she admit her affection for him when she knows full well he is still in love with her now married sister?
To save herself embarrassment—and more importantly to keep her penname hidden—Amelia must find a way to intercept these letters, and if she cannot, she must persuade Nicholas it was all some awful jest and that she is certainly not A. Hardwick—purveyor of stories so scandalous that it would mean utter ruination for all the Chadwick girls should the truth come out.
She was over him, was she not? She had put any love for him firmly inside her books and that was where it would remain. By Amelia
- Cover: Great colors! It feels like is a scene from the ball mentioned in the book. Such an important moment to be immortalized at the cover. Perfect!
- Plot: I love it. It’s fun, well written, with everything pertinent to the story. There is no weak spots here, very cohesive. For such a short story Ms. Holt was able to give us a great background on the couple’s relationship.
- Characters: They are the star here. Those sisters are amazing. Nicholas was good too. Very easy to love, connect and understand.
- Heat: Their chemistry is good. There is one great scene of hotness!
- Freshness: This is unique!
- Addictiveness: It was fast and fun! You can read it in one sitting.
She enjoyed writing what she did and others loved reading her books or else she would not sell. It might never be considered great literature but it pleased her to bring pleasure to others. by Amelia
- If this book was longer we could have more background on Nicholas and we also would have more time to see their relationship grow. Their romance wouldn’t feel so rushed.
You are, I believe, what I have been looking for without even understanding that was what was missing. by Nicholas
I have been in a huge historical reads mood and this one has added to my pleasure with it. I love it! The author has created a family with so many strong girls, a bit different from the rest of the ladies out there. I’m really looking forward to read their stories.
You MAY read this because you enjoy historical romance; you SHOULD read this because you like to have fun within your reads; but you MUST read this if you want kick-ass heroines!!!