I received this book for free from Barclay Publicity in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Series: Foolproof Love #3
on October 3, 2016
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Source: Barclay Publicity
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Barnes & Noble, Buy on IBooks, Buy on Kobo
It’s been thirteen years since Hope Moore left Devil’s Falls, land of sexy cowboys and bad memories. Back for the weekend, she has no intention of seeing the man she never got over…or the two of them getting down and dirty. It’s just a belated goodbye, right? No harm, no foul.
Until six weeks later, when her pregnancy test comes back positive…
Daniel Rodriguez hasn’t forgiven himself for how things went down with Hope all those years ago. He knows she’s better off without him, but when she shows up on his doorstep, panicking because she’s pregnant with his baby, he can’t help seeing it as a chance to make up for the past.
Too bad Hope has no intention of going along with his plans.
A Fool For You
Foolproof Love #3
Get More information at: Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | iTunes
- Plot- It was a fast-paced plot almost until the end, that keep me guessing and wanting more. As always everything Ms. Robert writes is very cohesive and clean of typo mistakes. I like the concept of the plot, but have a bit of mixed feeling about some parts.
- Characters- I really like Hope. She is such strong character. She has been through so much, totally alone, and she not only has survived everything, but she has come out stronger. She was easy to love, connect and relate. I love that all my favorite characters are back on this book. Best secondary characters ever!
- Heat/Romance – Like always, Ms. Robert delivers some amazingly steamy scenes. Yeah, fan yourself type of scenes. The couple had a strong sexual chemistry.
- Addictiveness- This was a fast read for me. I have been looking forward to this book, so I couldn’t let go, even though I had mixed feelings while reading.
- Plot- This was suppose to be the last book of the trilogy and I still can’t believe the ending of this book. Really, many unsolved thing, I’ve sadly ended this favorite series, Fool Me Once was one of my favorite reads of the year, feeling like I haven’t got an end yet.
- Character- I don’t even know what to say about Daniel, besides the fact that I don’t like him at all. I’m sorry, but I couldn’t feel for him. He did not get the worst end of the stick here, and 13 years of guilty it too much. I didn’t like him, was unable to connect or relate with him. Even after 13 years, I was ok, he was stupid, but here is his second chance. Oh, boy he only kept messing up. The fact that I even read a book with a hero that I’ve totally dislike is because Ms. Robert writing is really good and while I didn’t like Daniel not even a little, I’ve loved Hope and all the other characters of the series.
- Romance- It was hard to feel the romance, when Daniel spent 90% of the book still whining about how guilty he was and still messing up. I couldn’t feel it.
You MAY buy this book because you have been following the series; you SHOULD buy this book because you know all the other two couples will make an appearance; you MUST read this book so you can meet Hope, an amazingly strong woman!!!
Hope shook her head. “You’re as much an idiot now as you were then.”
And then she kissed him.
It caught him a little off guard—he hadn’t expected her to be the one to make the first move, especially after the way the scene in the bathroom had gone down—but Daniel wasted no time taking control. He kissed down her neck, sliding his hands beneath her shirt and skating them up to her body to cup her breasts. They filled his palms, familiar and yet not, all at the same time. He cursed. “Gorgeous Darling, the things you do to me.” He nipped her collarbone. “I’m going to taste you, so if you’re going to change your mind, now’s the time to do it.”
Her only response was to shove her yoga pants down to her knees.
He lifted her onto the counter and disentangled her right leg from the pants so he could spread her fully. He stroked her thighs, pausing when his fingers met the scar. It brought up so many conflicting feelings in him. It was his fault that she had the damn thing, but that didn’t mean he thought of her as less, the way she seemed to think. She was as beautiful now as she’d been at eighteen, and more confident despite her injury. Or maybe because of it. He had no idea.
All he knew was that at some point he was going to have to get up close and personal with her healed injury, and he was going to have to tread very, very carefully to avoid burning what was left of the bridge between him and Hope.
“If you apologize, I might actually kick you.”
That snapped him out of it. As much as he wanted Hope, he had an ulterior motive for pushing her now. All getting distracted by her leg was going to do was fuck up his chance of convincing her to stay, in his house and in his bed. He jerked her to the edge of the counter, spreading her thighs wider. “Don’t scream. You’ll upset Ollie.”
And then he did what he’d been fantasizing about ever since he walked out of her life. Daniel dipped his head and gave her center one long lick. She tasted better than he remembered, her body already shaking for him, so he used his thumbs to part her folds and licked her again, reacquainting himself with every inch of her.
He looked up her body to find her head thrown back and her chest rising and falling with each harsh breath. “Take off your shirt.”
Hope wasted no time obeying, dragging the material over her head and tossing it away. And then there was nothing hiding her body from his gaze. He licked her again, savoring the way she shook. A tattoo curling around the bottom of her ribs caught his eye, but he was too distracted to read it.
He was tired of teasing her. He wanted to feel her orgasm again, to know she was coming apart at the seams because of him. Daniel sucked her clit into his mouth, stroking the sensitive little nub with the flat of his tongue the way she’d always loved. Sure enough, before he had a chance to truly savor her, Hope cried out his name and shuddered, her thighs squeezing his head as she came. He gentled his touches, licks turning to kisses, turning to the slightest brushing of his lips against her. Only when she stopped shaking did he raise his head. “Stay, at least until we figure out what we’re doing.”
Foolproof Love #1
Fool Me Once
Foolproof Love #2