I received this book for free from Forward PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Series: The Ryder Boys #1
Published by MAM Books LLC on December 4, 2017
Cover Design: Sommer Stein - Perfect Pear Creative Covers
Cover Model: Wander Aguiar Photography
Format: kindle e-book
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Source: Forward PR
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Amazon UK, Buy on Amazon AU, Buy on Amazon CA
I once loved a boy who grew into a man.
A man that promised me stability, loyalty, and a lifetime of security. I had it all—at least I thought so. Until mere minutes with someone else made me want for more. More than I already had. Forbidden wants that I shouldn’t wish for.
Cade Ryder was everything my Ivy League pedigree should have stayed away from. Every sane part of my existence screamed for me to keep my distance.
Distance from where he worked. Distance from him, his body, and his soul-searing eyes.
But the more I stayed away, the more our lives merged. Now my life—my normal—is unraveled. My heart, my hope, my new future all in the hands of a tall, tatted bartender.
I planned my forever with the perfect man. But sometimes the heart wants more than stability, more than security, more than what others want for you. One thing’s for sure—destiny can’t be planned.
Never in my life had I met a man so beautiful, so masculine, so intimidating that I had difficulty even looking at him, yet I couldn’t look away. by Angie
- Plot: Great story. It has a great pace, it kept me guessing and I have definitely ended wanting more. I love the Ryder’s . Well written, cohesive with no loopholes. It’s emotional and hot.
- Characters: Cade Ryder is perfect! He is the right balance of bad boy and great guy. He is a gentleman with a dangerous vibe to him. Drool-worthy! Now, Angie is a good character, but I felt like slapping her a few times. 🙂 Seriously, she is a people’s pleaser and did get in my nerves a lot. Lots of amazing secondary characters that I can’t wait to read about.
I’d been equally jealous of her I-don’t-give-a-shit attitude. Because there was freedom in doing what you wanted and not basing every decision on how your choices would affect others. And I was certain there was happiness in that freedom. by Angie
- Heat: The couple together was explosive. Their chemistry was BAM! Really hot! And the cake scene was panty-wetter, cold-shower hot!
There was no denying this powerful force of attraction I had toward him, an undeniable pull. Horizontal gravity. by Angie
- Freshness: There is nothing that is WOW, totally new here, but there is enough twists that gives the story a fresh vibe. It feels unique!
- Addictiveness: I couldn’t put down the book, even when I felt like throwing my kindle at a wall because of Angie’s to-stupid-to-live choices.
- Cover: I don’t really like it, even though the couple looks like Angie and Cade. But, the girls clothes is wrong, the colors (too much black) is not great. I like the title though.
This is a new series that I’m really looking forward to. So many great characters that I could see lots to be explored in the future.
I like how the author has tied together romance and drama here. I have specially liked how Angie took a while to totally let her past go. The way this was written it made very believable and real.
You MAY read this because you like the author; you SHOULD read this because you like romance with angst; you MUST read this because you enjoy PERFECT book-boyfriends!!!
$20 Amazon Gift Card