I received this book for free from Forward PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Spicy Sweets by A.M. Willard
Series: A Taste of Love #4
Published by A.M. Willard on December 7, 2017
Cover Design: MadHat Books
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Format: kindle e-book
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Amazon AU, Buy on Amazon CA, Buy on Audible, Buy on eXtasy Books, Buy on Harlequin
I said ‘I do’ to the first guy to sweep me off my feet after my heart shattered all those years ago. I didn’t just vow to love him; nope, I signed on that line for both him and his daughter.
This lifestyle is new and one that I never thought I'd want. Why? Because over the years, my job and friends were the most important thing to me. Don’t get me wrong, the girls are still my family. It’s just this tattooed mechanic changed my outlook on love. Let's not forget that the cute blonde-haired princess has me wrapped around her fingers, and I'd do anything to protect her.
Love isn’t always natural… Nope, and we already have a few problems to work through. I’m not his daughter’s mother, and the guy who broke my heart all those years ago works in the office next to me.
You guessed it, things are about to get a little spicy when love goes sideways.
Also by this author: Sugary Sweets, Frosted Sweets, Tic Tac Love
Diesel Michael Kraft and his daughter, Cassidy, have changed my outlook on life and love. The only problem is, now I’m afraid that I have more to lose in the end. They both have the power to destroy what soul that I have left. by Natasha
- Cover/Title: 3/4.5 I love the title of all the books of the series and I like the font and subtitles on the cover. I’m not a huge fan of the couple’s placement in the cover and I believe they should take more of it. I also would rather have a Diesel with a tight T-shirt or maybe a bit of oil. I don’t like him in a button-down.
- Plot: story line 4.5/5, story ending 5/5, pace 4/5, enjoyment 4.5/5, originality 4/5, writing style 5/5 I love this series and Ms. Willard has created 4 amazing books. This one is the perfect ending to an amazing series. So well-written with everything cohesive, with smut pertinent to the plot and the development of the story grows in a steady pace. Great ending! Love seeing all 4 friends here. This is a book of friendship, of love, of rebuilding ourselves, of creating new paths.
- Characters: hero 5/5, heroine 5/5, secondary characters 5/5 These characters have always been the stars of this series. This has always been about their relationship as family, friends and how relatable they are to us in real life. All four women are amazing. They are all different, with their own quirks and personalities. They mesh so well together. Diesel is another great male character of the series. He is hot, sweet, patient and insecure sometimes, like us in real lives.
- Heat: chemistry 4.5/5, steam 3.5/5, romance 4.5/5 Their love can be felt from the first page of the book. It goes backwards from what we find most of the time in a romance novel. We start reading their story with all that love and our journey here with them is to watch how they can overcome life’s burdens and keep this love intact, real. There is no lack of chemistry with this couple and like all Ms. Willard’s books of this series there is enough steam for us lovers of spicy romance.
- Addictiveness: This entire series is addictive. You can’t put it down and I was almost literally crying at the end, not wanting to believe there isn’t a book #5.
- Only knowing that we would still have more books in the series would make me feel better, but because I try to be fair with my reviews I have to say:
- Freshness: This is the sort of tale that you won’t find many totally new ideas. It’s friendship and love to a T. The whole thing is a bit predictable, a few twists here and there, a lot of angst in the way, but we know what is happening as we read along. Really, who needs new, when you got perfection?
Suspense 2/5 Darkness 0/5 Humor 4/5 Action 2/5 Angst 4/5 Twists 3.5/5
Recommend this book: Yes
Read more from the author: Yes
Re-read this book: I have just re-read book one and two, so I could read three and four with a good eye and I know this is going to be one of my to-go series (when I need something old to comfort and keep me balanced).
You MAY buy this book because you followed the series; you SHOULD buy this book because the author’s writing is superb; you MUST read this book if you are looking for a masterfully written tale of friendship & love!!!
Signed paperback set for A Taste of Love Series
Frosted Sweets #1 – FREE
Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1sqcPWR
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/22yzIUs
Amazon CA: http://amzn.to/2gzqb0D
Amazon AU: http://amzn.to/2ovypI6
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/2h5l0X6
Sugary Sweets #2
Amazon US: http://amzn.to/2bz6ykn
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/2bnHDjd
Amazon CA: http://amzn.to/2b6eewh
Amazon AU: http://amzn.to/2pn5Dxn
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/2bgcux0
Heated Sweets #3
Amazon US: http://amzn.to/2pORuc2
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/2pOvpKY
Amazon CA: http://amzn.to/2ovrqyZ
Amazon AU: http://amzn.to/2pNE518
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/2i79yf3