I received this book for free from Foreword PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Series: Twisted Hearts Duet #2
on February 28, 2018
Cover Design: Max Effect
Cover Model: Marko Vukotic
Cover Photographer: MR. BIG Photography
Format: kindle e-book
Genres: Adult, Erotic Romance, Taboo
Source: Foreword PR
Buy on Amazon, Buy on IBooks, Buy on Kobo, Buy on Amazon UK, Buy on Amazon AU, Buy on Amazon CA
Four simple rules when you're a woman in denial:
1. Don't stalk your father's best friend online.
2. Don't talk to him via Messenger.
3. Definitely don't go to his house.
4. And whatever you do, don't tell him you're still in love.
I've never been one for doing what I'm told
My hips burn with the memory of her weight as she sat there, as though she was my queen and my body was her throne. She was born to rule me, and even in her absence I’ve craved the satisfaction that I can only get from her happiness. by Zeus
This is a taboo, contemporary, erotic romance, with dual-POV and a lot of emotions. This is not a stand-alone, and should not be read before reading the first book of the duet.
This is about second chances and trying to do what is best for yourself instead of trying to please the world.
Turbulent, hot, beautiful!!!
You can’t force love, and you can’t make do with second best. if you heart belongs to someone, then there’s no point in trying to change that. Love can be taught, love can be learnt, but in order to do so you have to fee it. by Belle
- Addictiveness: I was already addicted to this book before I even started reading it. I was left shocked by book one, and was counting the days that I could finish this journey. Even though is a bit long, it was done in one crazy sitting by me.
- Character: hero 5/5, heroine 4/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 4/5, real 4/5 First I have to say I love ZEUS. Really his name is fitting, because he is sort of god and should be worshipped. Now, that I’m past my fangirling moment… I will talk about Belle. She annoys me a bit here. Yes, I know she is twenty-one, but still I can’t deny how she annoys me sometimes. At the same time, I see a lot of growth in her character. She is still starting her journey as an adult and her choices are not usually the easy ones.. I also have to mention how John’s attitude irritates me. At the same, being a mother of 2 teenagers and one young adult, I don’t know if I would be really accepting either. Cerise, I have really enjoyed the twist there. I haven’t taught about that twist before, but it did made crazy sense. Like always, many amazing characters. Ms. Henry gives depth to them all, nobody is in the story without a reason and a bit of background to support their existence. It all feels really believable.
- Cover: art 5/5, title 5/5, subtitle 5/5, color-font 5/5, buy 5/5 Covers are an obsession of mine. This one is perfect! Great art work (a hot, sexy guy), perfect title, cute subtitle, catching color and font. I would buy this book without even reading the blurb.
- Freshness: This book is unique. Yes, there are a lot of books out there with taboo love with dad’s best-friend., but this one is BELIEVABLE. Belle, Zeus and John’s struggles and emotions felt real. Even though I probably would also struggle if it were with my kids, why wouldn’t I support their choices if they were happy?
- Plot: believable 5/5, conflict 5/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 5/5, enjoyment 4.5/5, opening 3/5, pace 3.5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 5/5 Slower opening, perfect ending. Believable conflict with the most amazing dialogue. Great twists that added depth to the story. Cohesive plot, without any loopholes. Everything has a reason and is very well explained.
- Romance: believable 5/5, chemistry 5/5, description 5/5, development 4/5, steam 4/5 Once again, this was not really fast, but at the same time, we know they already love each other. Is painful and heartbreaking, and at that same time is beautiful and mending.
- Writing Style: Amazing writing style. Ms. Henry‘s writing is very well-balanced. It has the perfect amount of angst for such a deep story. Even though it hurts, it also heels. At the same time it has you disagreeing with the situation, it has you cheering them on. The duality the author brings to the story, permeates the reader’s mind and overwhelms him with emotions. (I’m quoting myself, but I couldn’t rewrite a better explanation than this)
What is time anyway, but a concept thought up by men who wanted to explain the sun and the starts? An hour, a day – no measure of time would have changed the fact we’d end up here, like this, eventually. by Zeus
- Plot: The pace. I guess this one, started a bit slow.
I went halfway around the world, and it took coming home again to realise that I was never lost. by Belle
Once again: food for thoughts.
Ms. Henry’s writing has the capability of making me ponder about life. I always feel too much while reading her books, even when I totally disagree. 🙂
After shocking me at the end of book #1, I got the most perfect ending ever! Thank you for that!!!
- Action 1/5
- Angst 3/5
- Darkness 1/5
- Humor 1/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 0/5
- Would I recommend? This is a MUST READ for those that like a bit of angst with their romance.
- Would I re-read this book? Definitely!!!
- Would I re-read this series? Yes!!!
- Would I read more from the author? I’m looking forward to it.
You MAY read this because you follow the author; you SHOULD read this because you need closure from book one; you MUST read this because is undeniably great!!!
First book in the Twisted Hearts DuetDesire by Max Henry
Series: Twisted Hearts Duet #1
on January 22, 2018
Genres: Erotic Romance, Adult, Taboo
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Amazon UK, Buy on Amazon AU, Buy on Amazon CA
$25 Amazon Gift Card