I received this book for free from Foreword PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Series: Twisted Hearts duet #1
Published by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform on January 24, 2018
Cover Design: Max Henry
Format: kindle e-book
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Source: Foreword PR
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Barnes & Noble, Buy on IBooks, Buy on Kobo, Buy on Amazon UK, Buy on Amazon AU, Buy on Amazon CA
Four simple rules when you’re a man on parole:
1. Don’t lust after your best friend’s daughter.
2. Don’t get into a physical fight over her.
3. Definitely don’t f*ck her.
4. And whatever you do, don’t fall in love.
I have a bad habit of breaking rules.
Yet with Zeus, I want to wade in the shallow waters and take my sweet time reaching full submersion. by Belle
This is a taboo, contemporary romance, with dual-POV and a lot of emotions. This is not a light read, it touches hard topics and it has lots of depth.
This is not a cute, fun ride; but a turbulent, scary flight!!!
Imagine how it feels to realise that the woman you married was simply a practice run until the woman you really want was old enough to reciprocate those feelings. by Zeus
- Addictiveness: This book kept me guessing from the beginning and I felt I was on the edge of my seat wanting to know what would come next. I couldn’t put down!
- Character: hero 5/5, heroine 5/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 5/5, real 5/5 Ms. Henry knows how to develop her characters. They are multi-dimensional and full of personality. They feel real. Zeus is hot, kind and mature. Belle is a teenager that has seen too much in life, so she feels older beyond her years, even though sometimes she shows immaturity. Her personal growth at the time-frame of the story is amazing. Several interesting secondary characters: Belle’s dad, Jodie, Belle’s mom. Everybody has been perfectly constructed with a purpose. They are all easy to love, connect and understand.
- Cover: art 5/5, title 5/5, subtitle 5/5, color-font 5/5, buy 5/5 Covers are an obsession of mine. This one is perfect! Great art work (a hot, sexy guy), perfect title, cute subtitle, catching color and font. I would buy this book without even reading the blurb.
- Freshness: This book is unique. Yes, there are a lot of books out there with taboo love with dad’s best-friend. But most of them, feels a bit unreal. Zeus struggles and emotions were believable. Even though it maybe a bit wrong, Zeus and Belle convinced me that love has no boundaries. It wasn’t easy, I have 3 teenagers of my own, and I was always putting myself in that position.
- Plot: believable 5/5, conflict 5/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 2/5, enjoyment 4.5/5, opening 5/5, pace 4/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 5/5 Amazing opening, horrible ending. Believable conflict with the most amazing dialogue. Perfect amount of twists that gives the book great flow. Cohesive plot, without any loopholes. Everything has a reason and is very well explained.
- Romance: believable 5/5, chemistry 5/5, description 5/5, development 5/5, steam 3/5 This is not fast. This gradually grows into a deeper relationship. Is a slow burn kind of love, that is beautiful when it erupts.
- Writing Style: Amazing writing style. Ms. Henry‘s writing is very well-balanced. It has the perfect amount of angst for such a deep story. Even though it hurts, it also heels. At the same time it has you disagreeing with the situation, it has you cheering them on. The duality the author brings to the story, permeates the reader’s mind and overwhelms him with emotions.
Her soul is what I fell in love with first, but her body is what sings to me when I’m alone at night. by Zeus
- Plot: The ending. Whoa! I was shocked. Of course I knew this was a duet and was expecting a cliffhanger. But I did not understand the last few pages. In fact, I hated a bit. I didn’t want this kind of shock!!!!
“You’re everything to me, and if you make me do this thing called life without you, it’ll never be complete.” “Sometimes you have to have pieces missing to ensure you never lose focus.” by Belle and Zeus
This was an emotional roller-coaster for me. Really food for thoughts.
I have a 19-year-old daughter. To imagine her having a relationship with one of my husband’s friends… yeah, not fun! But at the same time, do I have a right to tell her whom she should love? Like I said, I had lots of deep thoughts while reading this. I had to throw away some preconceived notions and think of what ifs. I guess I have evolved from reading this book.
I hope book #2 doesn’t take too long.
I can’t wait for the perfect ending! I have taken out half a star because of the ending of this one.
- Action 1/5
- Angst 4/5
- Darkness 2/5
- Humor 0/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 0/5
- Would I recommend? This is a MUST READ for those that like a bit of angst with their romance.
- Would I re-read this book? Definitely!!!
- Would I re-read this series? Yes!!!
- Would I read more from the author? I’m looking forward to it.
You MAY read this because you like the author; you SHOULD read this if you like a bit of taboo; you MUST read this for a story with depth!!!
$25 Amazon Gift Card from Max Henry