I received this book for free from Foreword PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
on May 17, 2018
Cover Design: MadHat Books
Format: Digital, print
Genres: Romantic Suspense
Source: Foreword PR
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Amazon UK, Buy on Amazon AU, Buy on Amazon CA
I was young, innocent, and looking to start my career in psychology. However, it turned out I was in the wrong class, with the wrong professor, at the wrong time. One decision to become an apprentice changed my entire life.
After being left with nothing, including my true identity, money, family, and friends, I was evicted from my apartment. I knew I’d have to run and hide while struggling with starvation, but then a shady job offer became an appealing option in the midst of my desperation.
I was fully aware of the risks involved, but I’m well versed in reading people and assuming their intentions. Therefore, I was confident I wouldn’t end up being that woman who ran into a trap that was decorated with luxurious accommodations and high-class amenities. I also wasn’t the type to reach for bait disguised as a gorgeous man with lust pooling in his eyes.
As it turns out, though … I was wrong about everything—almost everything.
I fell into the rabbit hole where nothing was as it seemed from the outside, and I had no clue I was the puppeteer of it all.
Contemporary, Romantic Suspense.
***WARNING This review is going to be short because anything I try to say, will spoil part of the fun. YOU MUST READ THIS!!!***
- Addictiveness: Above the charts addictive. It kept me on the edge of my seat from the beginning. I couldn’t let go!
- Character: hero 5/5, heroine 5/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 5/5, real 5/5 I can’t say that I’ve loved and connected with the characters. This is so crazy, that I don’t think I had the time to really bond with them. What I can say is that by the end of the story I understood them. Both main characters are multidimensional and have several layers. I don’t think I can explain much about Axel and Hailey, because everything about this story will be a spoiler. Nothing is as it seems. Both main characters are hiding secrets and until the end the reader doesn’t really know anything. Axel and Hailey were very well written. Wow!!!
- Cover: art 5/5, title 5/5, subtitle 5/5, color-font 5/5, buy 5/5 I’m obsessed with book covers. I love to find snippets of the stories within the art. This one is perfect! I’m in love with this cover. I love when you feel like it belongs to a story. This is amazing cover art. The colors used, the font, the subtitle, everything add to the mystery of the story. I would easily buy this book without the blurb.
- Freshness: ONE-OF-A-KIND! Really, this is unique!!! There is nothing out there like this.
- Plot: believable 5/5, conflict 5/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 5/5, enjoyment 5/5, opening 5/5, pace 5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 5/5 Great opening and wonderful ending. Amazing conflict and dialogues written by a wordsmith . Fast-paced with enough heat made it really enjoyable. This book is filled with twists and turns. It kept the reader guessing until the end. In the end I was shocked! I didn’t get anything right, every time I thought I knew something, the author proved me wrong. The suspense here is high and in some parts it was even hard to breath. Amazing!!!
- Romance: believable 5/5, chemistry 5/5, description 5/5, development 5/5, steam 5/5 Yes! This was so different, that I wasn’t even really worried about the romance. But, there is a romance, there is some smut and the end is great. I like how unusual from everything else it was!!!
- Writing Style: Great characters with fantastic plot and wonderful ending!!!
I have loved every book I’ve read of Ms. Ryan. But this one, she has really gone above and beyond. Is not only different from everything she has done before, is different from everyone else also. This is a one-of-a-kind experience!
33.5/35 STARS – 5 STARS (between 33.5 stars and 35 stars)
Addictiveness: 5 Character: 4.5 Cover: 5 Freshness: 5 Plot: 5 Romance: 4 Writing Style: 5
- Action 5/5
- Angst 4/5
- Darkness 3/5
- Humor 0/5
- Romance 4/5
- Suspense/Mystery 5/5
- Would I recommend? Yes. A must read for everyone that likes romantic suspense.
- Would I re-read this book? YES!
- Would I re-read this series? This is a stand-alone.
- Would I read more from the author? She is on the top of my list!!!
You MAY read this because you like the author; you SHOULD read this because you like romantic suspense; you MUST read this because you have never read anything like it!!!
$25 Amazon Gift Card