I received this book for free from Author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Irish Kiss by Sienna Blake
Series: Irish Kiss #1
Published by SB Publishing on February 5, 2018
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Format: kindle e-book
Buy on Amazon
"...Sienna's best work yet. I LOVED the premise, the heart ripping angst, fat tears of grief and ultimately sobs of relief, all found in the pages of this immortal love story" ~ Book Bistro Blog
I wanted him since the day I met him. Long haired, tattooed and tall as an Irish giant. He was more than just handsome, he was drop dead gorgeous. And the only one who ever truly cared. It didn’t matter to him that my father was a criminal and my mother a whore. He saw me, understood me.
I could be anything I wanted, he said.
Because I was too young and he was my Juvenile Liaison Officer.
It’s been years since I last saw her. No longer a girl, she has a body of a woman. When our eyes met again, I saw the only one who ever broke through my asshole mask. She never judged me. She saw me, accepted me.
She could be anything she wanted.
Cause she’s only seventeen and I’m trying my hardest not to fall for her.
If I give in, she will ruin me.
This is a slow-burn, angsty love story spanning across a seven-year time period with sexual situations and drug-use involving characters under the age of eighteen.
Irish Kiss is a complete standalone novel with a Happily Ever After, but damn, it is going to hurt along the way.
Also by this author: Mr. Blackwell's Bride
*****WARNING: Everything is still too fresh in my mind, I’m still without words for this. It might be one of those incoherent reviews, that maybe edited with time.*****
I’m a an emotional reader, Sienna’s writing is always permeated with emotions. We are a perfect match. I’m at a point that I will read anything of her only because I saw her name, without even reading the blurb.
Contemporary romance, or as contemporary as a book in Ireland can be. Based on the Selkie myth. Taboo read, full of angst.
Romance, with dual-POV.
Emotional; beautiful; poignant!!!
- Addictiveness: Not an easy read. It is long, complex, painful and beautiful. I believe the best option should be at least two sittings. Not only because of the length, but also so the reader can have a breathing time. I had a hard time putting it down!
- Character: hero 5/5, heroine 5/5, secondary characters 4/5, growth 5/5, real 4/5 Diarmuid is amazing. Really, this is not an easy path for him, specially when he is the only adult of the situation. Saoirse is such a sweet girl. So strong, at the same time so fragile. She overcomes so much. Her growth is beautiful and painful to follow. Ms. Blake’s characters are real. The connection you get with them is so strong that is hard to let go even after you finish the book.
- Cover: art 5/5, title 5/5, subtitle 5/5, color-font 5/5, buy 5/5 Beautiful! An easy choice. I would buy this book without reading the blurb, only because the cover art and title.
- Freshness: This is UNIQUE! Is different, unusual, nothing like you have read before.
- Plot: believable 4/5, conflict 5/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 5/5, enjoyment 5/5, opening 5/5, pace 3/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 5/5 Superb! Cohesive, that kept you guessing and wanting more at the end. Full of ups and downs, so much like real life that is scary. Plays with your emotions and with your beliefs. Is taboo, and logically you want to remember how wrong this feels, but the plot permeates your pores and the characters brand your soul.
- Romance: believable 4/5, chemistry 5/5, description 5/5, development 5/5, steam 4/5 This is a love journey. As most journeys is full of difficult paths. It hurts! Is cures! It blows your mind. Sweet and sour!
- Writing Style: We all have our favorites, Sienna’s writing is easily becoming one of mine. She writes love stories that hurt and feel real. Complex plot, multi-dimensional characters equals a book filled with feelings. What else would I need from a love story?
- Maybe the pace. It does feels a bit dragging at times. It is a bit too long, but at the same time, it needs to be long so when can truly enjoy their journey.
Ms. Blake is not a light, fun read. At least none of the books I have read from her were. But if you enjoy amazing romance with a bit of angst, she is a MUST READ!!!!!
Her writing is creative and her characters are real.
- Action 2/5
- Angst 5/5
- Darkness 2/5
- Humor 0/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 0/5
- Would I recommend? I would recommend this book for everyone that enjoy angst romance. In fact, this is a MUST READ!
- Would I re-read this book? Definitely!!!
- Would I re-read this series? Yes!!!
- Would I read more from the author? I feel like I must read everything from Ms. Blake.
You MAY read this because you follow the author; you SHOULD read this because you like amazing characters; you MUST read this because you enjoy GREAT romance that plays with your emotions!!!!!