Published by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform on November 20, 2017
Cover Design: Wicked by Design
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Format: kindle e-book
Source: Forward PR
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Audible, Buy on eXtasy Books, Buy on Harlequin
It had to be a joke.
Any minute now, a van would drive up and Ashton Kutcher would slide the door open, laughing hysterically at my melodramatic performance on the front porch.
But nothing happened.
The words on the page jumbled into a toxic mess my brain refused to comprehend, much less accept.
Please consider this letter as a formal request to arrange a paternity test (DNA).
I barely remembered Chelsea Airy.
That wasn’t true—we’d gone out once, and we’d been friends for a while after. But I hadn’t heard so much as a peep from her since I’d gotten married. I’d reached out a handful of times, but she’d quit responding and fell off the face of the earth. There hadn’t been a text, an email, a phone call, not even a Facebook message, much less a stork in the last five years.
My wife could forgive a lot, but she’d never wanted children—much less another woman’s.
With Cora in my arms and the ocean lapping at our feet, my heart fell, our souls collided, and I’d found the love of my life. by James
This book was one of the biggest surprises of 2017. I was expecting something totally different than what I read. I will try to avoid spoiling the surprise for any reader that look at this review prior reading the story.
- Cover: What an amazing cover art. It’s touching, sweet and romantic. I love the soft colors, the cute kid and dreamy woman.
- Plot: Perfect! With 3 voices in the first person, the author explains really well her plot. She doesn’t leave any gaps to be filled. The story takes a long-span of time, starting in high school and ending more than 15 years later. This is no instalove. This is a love story well crafted by the author with great pace and flow. This story keeps me guessing until the end and wanting more at the end.
- Characters: They are real. They are complex and they make you feel. They could be you, or your best friend.
- Heat: Their chemistry is believable and is undeniable how attracted they are to each other.
- Freshness: O.M.G! This book wasn’t anything like I expected. Every time I believe I had everything figured out, there was a new twist in the story. Amazing!!!
- Addictiveness: This is a story that plays with your emotions. At the same time that I felt like throwing my kindle at the wall a few times, I couldn’t let go of it. These characters were part of my gang and I wanted to help them.
- Characters: I totally adored James, but I had a harder time with Cora. At the end I understood her better, but there were some parts in between that I felt like slapping some sense into her. 🙂
I never wanted to look back and wonder what if. I needed to know, at the end of the day, we’d both experienced what life had to offer and chosen to come back together, not because we’d never known anything else, but because we never wanted anything else. by Cora
Wow!!! Not an easy read. So deep and complex that left me uncomfortable sometimes. This was not a simple love story, this was an odyssey.
From the beginning, when they are still teens, James knows his destiny. What he doesn’t expect is that life gets in the way. At 17, nobody dreams of the pitfalls, but they come nonetheless. What keep you strong is the good foundation you built for yourself. James and Cora built an amazing foundation forged with pain, sorrow, happiness and love.
I have no idea why I hadn’t read Ms. Walls before. Boy, was I missing. This story was so stunning that I was in shock for a long time.
You MAY read this because you like the author, you SHOULD read this if you want true love; you MUST read this if you are ready to be uncomfortably shocked!!!
Signed paperback of Unexpected Arrivals & $25 Amazon Gift Card