I received this book for free from Give Me Books Promotions in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Series: Sins of the Past #1
Published by Penn Publishing on April 30, 2018
Cover Design: Sarah Paige with Opium House
Genres: Romantic Suspense, Dark Romance
Source: Give Me Books Promotions
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Amazon UK, Buy on Amazon AU, Buy on Amazon CA
Once upon a
time, I fell in love with a blue-eyed boy who promised me forever.
hard and fast, even though our relationship was forbidden.
Angelo Morelli wasn’t my first sin.
be my last.
families were friends before they were enemies, fighting for power in the city.
I was their
bargaining chip, a pawn to be used by the most powerful men in Philadelphia.
didn’t know it.
my white knight in a world full of darkness.
had to pay for our sins.
that person was me.
Free in Kindle Unlimited
- Addictiveness: Above charts addictive. This is a fast-paced, romantic suspense novel with a bit of darkness in it. I couldn’t let go until I’ve finished the book. Can’t wait for the next one!
- Character: hero 5/5, heroine 5/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 5/5, real 5/5 Wow! There is no hero and heroine here. I’m not even going to say that I love them. They are not good. They are twisted and crazy. They get really high on adrenaline and are byproducts of their upbringing. I’m not going to say they are easy to love, connect and/or understand, because that isn’t true. But they felt real and believable. Is much harder to find the Robin Hood in this midst than those that are followers for fear, or habit or upbringing. They are only another cog in a well run machine. They are part of the mob. Angelo is very close to complete darkness, and his love for his mother and Mia is the only thing that still keeps him under the light. His love is obsessive, but very real. Maybe this obsessive love, that in most circumstances could be considered crazy, will be his only salvation. Mia is also a badass. Yes, she is not a daughter of the mob, but she is part of cog that moves it. She has grown up with it and has high tolerance from most of their acts. In reality, the only time that she may have been a bit afraid of it, was when it touched too close to home. Her love is also obsessive and she may seem submissive to Angelo, but most of the time she holds all the power. They are multidimensional characters with lot of depth. They are amazing characters.
- Cover: art 5/5, title 5/5, subtitle 5/5, color-font 5/5, buy 5/5 I’m obsessed with book covers and I love to “read”snippets of the story on it. I love this one! It is perfect! This is Angelo in his suit, with an aura of resignation and filled with blood. I also love how the city is part of the background on the bottom part of the cover. The title is perfect for this story. I would easily buy this book without reading the blurb.
- Freshness: Yes! Unexpected, suspenseful, hot, UNIQUE!
- Plot: believable 5/5, conflict 5/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 3/5, enjoyment 5/5, opening 5/5, pace 5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 5/5 Great opening and ok ending. Really good conflict and intense dialogues. Fast-paced with enough subplots to enhance the story. A few unexpected twists that makes this story poignant. Super emotional plot! This story plays with the readers emotions all the time. You feel pain, hope, sadness, happiness, love. The end just let the reader counting the days for the second book to come out.
- Romance: believable 5/5, chemistry 5/5, description 5/5, development 5/5, steam 4/5 This is beautiful! Not the kind of fairytale beauty. NO, this hurts. This is desperate, obsessive. This is too much! It is raw and gritty. The smut is amazing and the scenes are all pertinent to the plot.
- Writing Style: Wow! Fantastic characters; wonderful plot, gritty romance!
- Only the end. Yes, I knew we would have a cliffhanger, but I don’t have to enjoy it.
33/35 STARS – 4.5 STARS (4.5 stars between 31.5 and 33 stars)
Addictiveness: 5 Character: 5 Cover: 5 Freshness: 4.5 Plot: 4 Romance: 5 Writing Style: 4.5
- Action 5/5
- Angst 5/5
- Darkness 3/5
- Humor 0/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 4/5
- Would I recommend? I would recommend this book for everyone that a bit of a twisted romance.
- Would I re-read this book? YES!
- Would I re-read this series? I will follow the series. Can’t wait!
- Would I read more from the author? Yes, looking forward to.
You MAY read this because you follow the author; you SHOULD read this because you enjoy dark romance; you MUST read this because these characters feel real and believable!!!