I received this book for free from L. Woods PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
on April 17, 2018
Genres: Dark Romance, Contemporary
Source: L. Woods PR
Buy on Amazon, International Options
Once upon a time she became mine.
Mine to hunt.
A criminal psychologist and a serial killer.
The love between them shouldn’t exist.
Or so the world thinks.
Her mission is to find him.
His single obsession is to catch her.
The hunter and the prey.
Let the games begin, and may the stronger one win.
Psychopath’s Prey by V.F. Mason is available NOW!
“This was an exhilarating novel that will suck you up and leave you gasping for breath and hoping for more. Bravo! 5 stars!” – Bookgasms Book Blog
FREE with #KindleUnlimited
Check out more information here: http://bit.ly/2Gl4dHZ
This is going to be one of those reviews that will not make much sense. I’m shocked and speechless and it has been more than 12 hours that I have finished the story!!!
Contemporary, dark romance.
Dual-POV. It goes back-and-forth with jumps from past-to-present time.
I gotta say, this is dark romance, but not that dark. I mean I read really crazy things, so maybe for those not used to dark romance, it may offend. But if you are willing to take a risk, YOU MUST READ THIS!!!
There is a bit of Dexter here with a lot of Criminal Minds!!!
- Addictiveness: Obsessive level! It was not a very short read, but I had to do it in one go. I couldn’t let go and after I’d finished I went back and reread a few chapters!!! I’m still feeling like I need to reread this!
- Character: hero 5/5, heroine 5/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 5/5, real 5/5 Wow!!!! I can’t say that I could relate with them and that I loved them. Really, they were all totally crazy. But, I have to say that they are multidimensional. They are complex and all the craziness has been very well explained, with lots of details that gave a reason for everything. All, I’m not going to say names here, because even the main characters are crazy stuff. But I also have to mention that there were a plethora of amazing secondary characters as well. Really Ms. Mason was very inspired here!!!
- Cover: art 5/5, title 5/5, subtitle 5/5, color-font 5/5, buy 5/5 I’m obsessed with it! Look at this man’s eyes. O.M.G! This is perfect, the title/font/colors all enhance this fantastic photo and amazing model. Blown-away here!!! I didn’t need to read the blurb to be certain that I HAD TO read this one.
- Freshness: ONE-OF-A-KIND!!!!!
- Plot: believable 5/5, conflict 5/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 5/5, enjoyment 5/5, opening 5/5, pace 5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 5/5 Great opening and wonderful ending. Perfect conflict and dialogues perfectly written. Steady pace with enough subplots to enhance the story. A few unexpected twists here and there, that makes this story believable and enjoyable. Really one twist I solved right at the beginning. I was certain that I had solved the rubik’s cube. Then Ms. Mason threw in another curve ball that felt like a bomb. Wow! To get everything even better, she gave me an ending that I don’t even know what to say!!!! All I can say is: YOU MUST READ THIS!!!!
- Romance: believable 3/5, chemistry 5/5, description 5/5, development 5/5, steam 3/5 I expected things a bit more crazy in this department. If you think about the craziness here, this was kind of tame. There is heat, but I have read some really crazy things out there. But it was great. All the scenes happened naturally, it was never there without a reason.
- Writing Style: PERFECT! FABULOUS! WONDERFUL! SHOCKING! PERFECT PLOT, FABULOUS CHARACTERS, WONDERFUL ROMANCE AND SHOCKING ENDING!!!
- NOTHING! Really, I hope all these other phenomenal characters get their books.
I’m sorry. I know I’m not really explaining anything and using a whole bunch of adjectives here. But this was amazing and I’m still over the moon and I haven’t come back to Earth yet.
I’m the stupid one that has never read this author before. Now I MUST read all her books, specially the Sociopath Duet.
I will say this once again (yes, my review is redundant)! TAKE A LEAP OF FAITH, GET OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE, READ THIS BOOK! YOU COULD BE HORRIFIED, SHOCKED, AWED, AMAZED! It really doesn’t matter, because you will feel something!!!! That is guaranteed!
35/35 STARS – 5 STARS (5 stars between 33.5 and 35 stars)
Addictiveness: 5 Character: 5 Cover: 5 Freshness: 5 Plot: 5 Romance: 5 Writing Style: 5
- Action 4/5
- Angst 3.5/5
- Darkness 3/5
- Humor 0/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 5/5
- Would I recommend? I would recommend this book for everyone!!!
- Would I re-read this book? Yes!!!
- Would I re-read this series? This is a stand-alone, as far as I know. But the fact is that I don’t know much right now, but I will be on the look-out here.
- Would I read more from the author? I MUST!!!
You MAY read this because you follow the author; you SHOULD read this because you like dark romance; you MUST read this because the shocking factor is stupendous!!!