I received this book for free from InkSlinger PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.KINDA DON’T CARE by Lani Lynn Vale
Series: Simple Man #1
on April 5, 2018
Cover Design: Cover Me Darling
Cover Photographer: Furiousfotog
Cover Model: Joey Berry
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Source: InkSlinger PR
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Amazon AU, Buy on Amazon CA, Buy on Amazon UK, Buy on eXtasy Books, Buy on Harlequin
She’s in a white dress that dances around her ankles, and her hair tumbles in a long sheet of curls down her back. A veil covers her beautiful eyes, and she smiles directly at him. Janie is everything Rafe’s ever imagined she would be on her wedding day.
Breathtaking. Gorgeous. Perfect.
The moment he sees her walking down the aisle towards him, he knows that she’s the one.
Then she passes him, making her way to the man she’s to marry.
A man that wasn’t him.
A man that he knows with one hundred percent certainty isn’t good enough for her.
It seems that her father isn’t the only one who’s having a hard time giving her away. Rafe only wishes he knew why.
Everything about Janie sparks protective instincts he doesn’t feel for anyone, not even his own fiancé.
What he feels for the bride, however, isn’t merely a simple attraction. He knows that something is there just beneath the surface…if only he could reach it.
It has to be something huge, too, otherwise he wouldn’t be drinking whiskey straight from the flask in a church pew and wondering how many years he would do in prison if he shot the groom in front of about a hundred witnesses—half of those being cops.
He was good…but not that good.
A near-death experience cost Rafe almost six months of his memory, but right now he can’t help but feel like a huge mistake is being made on both of their parts. One that’s going to cost him everything.
Then she says I do.
Also in this series: MAYBE DON’T WANNA
Also by this author: MAYBE DON’T WANNA
Today we have the release blitz for KINDA DON’T CARE by Lani Lynn Vale. Check it out and grab your copy today!
Contemporary Romantic Suspense, Military; with dual-pov.
Book #1 of a new series that is a spin-off of another series. It can be read as a stand-alone, but I have not read the spin-off series before and I felt lost a few times. In fact, what I really wanted to do, was to stop reading and start the series from the beginning.
IF YOU LOOK AT THE END OF MY REVIEW, YOU WILL SEE THIS WOULD BE A FIVE STARS READ FOR ME, I’VE DECIDED TO TAKE-OFF HALF A STAR BECAUSE I FELT LIKE I WAS MISSING PART OF THE PAST. I MAY CHANGE THIS IN THE FUTURE AFTER READING THE SERIES IN ORDER AND MAYBE FEELING A BIT MORE COMFORTABLE WITH THE STORY.
- Addictiveness: This story hooked me from the first page and I had a hard time letting it go. Beyond addictive!
- Character: hero 5/5, heroine 5/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 5/5, real 5/5 They are amazing. They feel so real and believable. An extremely cathartic experience on which I could feel their emotions. Rafe was mysterious, hot and wonderful. Janie was fun, young, curious and smart. She was tenacious. They were so easy to love, connect and understand. There are lots of secondary characters, and I guess if I had read the spin-off series I wouldn’t be feeling so lost with all of them. But I have to mention how amazing Janie’s dad is. Not only his relationship with Janie was special, but how he dealt with Rafe.
- Cover: art 5/5, title 5/5, subtitle 5/5, color-font 5/5, buy 5/5 I’m obsessed with book covers. I love to find snippets of the stories within the art. Sometimes, there are those fatal attractions that can’t be explained. Look at this art! Yes, I can’t find much of the story here, but I’ve decided to read this book only because of those eyes. I knew he had lots to tell me. After reading the book, I can totally imagine Rafe staring at Janie like that. The title is perfect, very pertinent to the story. This cover is HOT!
- Freshness: O.M.G! What planet have I landed? Really this is FRESH! UNIQUE! ONE-OF-A-KIND! The suspense is amazing, the hero very mysterious and I never could be still while reading it. I never felt like I knew what was going on, but I couldn’t let go of the book because I needed to find out. I’ve never read another story like this one!
- Plot: believable 5/5, conflict 3.5/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 5/5, enjoyment 5/5, opening 5/5, pace 5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 5/5 Great opening and wonderful ending. Almost-perfect conflict and dialogues very well written. Fast-paced with enough suspense to enhance the story. A few unexpected twists here and there, that makes this story believable and enjoyable.
- Romance: believable 5/5, chemistry 5/5, description 5/5, development 5/5, steam 5/5 This is a love story. Like most of them, this hurts. Is beautiful and poignant. It breaks you and amends you. It destroys and reconstruct. Oh… is also very hot! 🙂
- Writing Style: WOW!!!! Everything was perfect. Perfect characters with an amazing plot, the right amount of suspense, angst and heat.
- I have to say that I still don’t understand why was Janie marrying THAT man!
I’m shocked! With lots of things, really.
- I have never read Ms. Vale before! Where have I been? What have I been thinking? I read a lot. Usually more than 250 books a year. How she has never crossed my path before, I have no idea. It was a pleasant surprise at the same time I felt like I have been missing out.
- This book has played me like a violin. Really I felt like one of the strings that was being pressed and pulled all the time. I’ve cried! I’ve laughed! I felt impotent! I almost threw my kindle away!
33.5/35 STARS – Should be a 5 STARS, but I’m taking off .5 a STAR. (between 33.5 stars and 35 stars)
Addictiveness: 5 Character: 5 Cover: 5 Freshness: 5 Plot: 4 Romance: 4.5 Writing Style: 5
- Action 4/5
- Angst 3.5/5
- Darkness 0/5
- Humor 3/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 4/5
- Would I recommend? I believe this should be a MUST read to anyone that enjoys romance with a bit of angst.
- Would I re-read this book? YES!
- Would I re-read this series? Sure.
- Would I read more from the author? I will!!!
You MAY read this because you like the author; you SHOULD read this because you follow the series; you MUST read this because it will touch you!!!