I received this book for free from Foreword PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
on April 18, 2018
Cover Design: Annelle Willard
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Source: Foreword PR
Buy on Amazon, Buy on IBooks, Buy on Kobo, Buy on Amazon UK, Buy on Amazon AU, Buy on Amazon CA
I’ve never been the type of woman to have a casual fling. But after a fight with my boss that ended in a forced vacation and one too many drinks in the hotel bar, I found myself enjoying the company of a man who went by the name of Thorn.
A man whose accent I couldn’t quite place and whose black eyes could command anyone to do anything he desired.
We had seven days to enjoy each other.
Seven days of no commitments, no worries of the future, and no personal details to share.
Only, I returned with more than just memories and a few stolen photographs.
Too bad we only agreed to share our first names.
Sweet, fun, contemporary romance!
- Addictiveness: Medium addictiveness: It was a fun, fast read, that can be done in one sitting.
- Character: hero 5/5, heroine 4/5, secondary characters 4/5, growth 5/5, real 5/5 Oh MY! This is hard, because Thorn steals the show. That man is PERFECT! He is another one for my huge collection of book-boyfriends. He is hot, sexy, fun, a bit alpha, but sweet at the same time. Have I mention HOT! Yes, there are other characters in the book, but THORN is THE character. Yes, Lilly is a good character and the boss, family are good secondaries also.
- Cover: art 5/5, title 5/5, subtitle 5/5, color-font 5/5, buy 5/5 The cover is great. The art is beautiful, the colors/font usage fits and the title is perfect. Even better, I like to think of the duality, was the hidden paradise the island or in each others arms? I would buy this book without reading the blurb.
- Plot: believable 4/5, conflict 4/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 5/5, enjoyment 5/5, opening 4/5, pace 5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 4/5, twists 3/5 Great opening and wonderful ending. Perfect conflict and dialogues well written. Fast-paced with enough subplots to enhance the story. Everything is believable and very enjoyable.
- Romance: believable 5/5, chemistry 5/5, description 5/5, development 5/5, steam 5/5 The romance is loving. Is fun and sexy. Is romantic and sweet. The steam is great. Good smut with great heat.
- Writing Style: Perfect hero, great characters, good plot and amazing romance.
- Freshness: Is a bit predictable. But is very well written that it doesn’t really matter.
First book by the author, but definitely not the last. A well written plot with a dreamy hero.
29.5/35 STARS – 4 STARS (4 stars between 28 stars and 31 stars)
Addictiveness: 4 Character: 5 Cover: 5 Freshness: 3 Plot: 4 Romance: 4.5 Writing Style: 4
- Action 0/5
- Angst 1/5
- Darkness 0/5
- Humor 4/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 0/5
- Would I recommend? I would recommend this book for everyone that enjoys fun, sexy romance.
- Would I re-read this book? Yes!
- Would I re-read this series? This is a stand-alone. But if it became a series I would read it.
- Would I read more from the author? Yes, I will.
You MAY read this because you follow the author; you SHOULD read this because you like sexy romance; you MUST read this because it has the PERFECT HERO!!!
$25 Amazon Gift Card