I received this book for free from YA Bound Book Tours in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Red: The Untold Story by Angela M Hudson
on July 25, 2016
Genres: Young Adult, Fairy Tales Revisited
Source: YA Bound Book Tours
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Barnes & Noble, International Options
For fans of The Strange & Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender and Lemony Snicket's: A Series of Unfortunate Events
An eccentric tale of tragic loss and renewed hope.
Do not go gentle into the wolf's asylum...
Once every twenty years, pack alpha Luther takes a new wife. On the day of Selection, Red is chosen. Just as her family always planned. Just as she always planned. Until she met Alex Plain.
Alex took Red to worlds she never imagined, where the ordinary is seen as magical, and the upright is abstract. With the help of this new friendship, Red begins to see a future for herself outside of the pack. But, unfortunately, Alex Plain came along too late.
Red is obligated to marry Luther now, and taken to live in the mysterious Ravenswood Mansion, where truth lies and the walls have eyes. What Red learns there about her alpha will ignite some burning questions--ones that, when answered, could undo the entire order of the pack: What happened to all the children born there? Why hasn't this mansion left the last century behind? And where are all his previous wives?
#1 Bestselling Author of Dark Secrets and AusRom Today Author of the Year
What people are saying about RED: THE UNTOLD STORY
"...this is so much more than a story of apack, or a girl, or a deranged old Alpha." ~Kendra Gaither, Amazon ★★★★★
"Charactersthat struggle with the same things we all do; acceptance, grief, and loss. A story of magic that hides in plain site and the power of friendships so meaningful they create a new future." ~Dawn Vargas, Goodreads ★★★★★
"The heroine is independent and brave. The relationships portrayed are both romantic and realistic. This book can be enjoyed by youth and adults alike. It's a great twist on a classic!" ~Amanda Harris, Amazon ★★★★★
The Untold Story
Angela M Hudson
Unexpected; different; special!!!
- The cover is amazing!!! I would have bought this book without even reading the blurb. It’s catching, mysterious, sexy!
- I have enjoyed the plot. In fact, the author works with two sub-plots, that will merge at the end. It’s a fast-paced read, that keep you guessing.
- It’s a very creative concept and really surprising. I was expecting one thing and got something totally different. Really better than what I had in mind.
- Red is a great character. She is a bit of rebel, the sort of female that will stand up for herself. She is easy to like and relate.
- All secondary characters are also very interesting. They play with all of my emotions.
- I felt like laughing, crying,cussing, hating, loving … really a well written cathartic experience.
- When you think you are going to the fairytale, it’s a very modern realistic story. Creatively written!
- I guess sometimes both main subplots, the one with Red and Luther and the other with Red and Alex, had a bit of trouble converging into the same story. I can’t really explained but I had trouble a few times in believing it all was the same story.
- I’m uncertain that I would call this young adult. Even though the main character is young, the whole selection thing with a too old man, could border taboo for some. Not for me really, but I love taboo.
You MAY buy this book because you like fairy tales; you SHOULD buy this book because you want to read something different; you MUST read this book if you are ready to be taken out of the norm into the UNEXPECTED!!!
Fishing for Books Excerpt
What’s Beyond Forks? Review
Desert Rose Reviews Teaser
Taking It One Book at a Time Review
Bookwyrming Thoughts Review
Lisa Loves Literature Author Interview
The Silver Dagger Scriptorium Spotlight
Loves Great Reads Review
The Bookworm Central Review
La Tartaruga Si Muove Review
Storie di Pagine Review
A New Look On Books Behindthe Scenes
Kimber Leigh Writes Review
The Queen Reads http://thequeenreads.wordpress.com Review
The S.K.A Reader Review
I Read Indie Teaser
Happy Tails and Tales Blog http://happytailsandtales.blogspot.com Review
More Books Than Livros http://www.morebooksthanlivros.com Review
CBY Book Club http://cbybookclub.blogspot.com/ Promo Post
Books and Kats http://katticusbookreviews.blogspot.co.uk/ Review
A Page to Turn Reviews http://apagetoturn.net Review
The Page Unbound http://thepageunbound.com Promo Post