I received this book for free from YA Bound Book Tours in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.The Reader on August 17, 2016
Genres: Young Adult, Paranormal Romance
Source: YA Bound Book Tours
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Barnes & Noble
Hunted, shot, and without her memory, eighteen-year-old Ann Baker wakes in shallow water on a deserted Pacific Northwest island. She is soon approached by two young men claiming to be her friends. Something isn't right, but when gunshots sound, Ann is left with little choice but to allow Devon and Archer to help her escape. Soon she finds herself in their North Bend mountain compound, where the higher evolved humans claim to be mind-readers. While Ann heals, she realizes they believe her to be one of the last and most powerful of all - The Lost One.
She's welcomed by most with opened arms, but not everyone is happy about her arrival. A jealous adversary has plans for Ann, which spirals the entire Reader community into chaos.
As lies, murder, and betrayal threaten to rip apart the once harmonious mountain dwellers, Ann is thrust into making a decision that could save or devastate not only The Readers, but all of mankind. But there's just one glitch: by doing so it may require her to make the ultimate sacrifice.
Incredible; unbelievable; amazing!!!
I didn’t want him to touch me. Strange things happened when he did. And even though it felt good, it scared me. by Ann
- This is one of those reads that left me speechless and I have no idea what I’m going to say. I totally forgot my English and all I can repeat is how perfect this book was/is.
- This was my first book by Ms. Harkins something that I must rectify soon, because I’m convinced nothing that good could have been a fluke. She is amazing and I’m certain that I will love everything she writes.
- This book is so creative, so beyond anything I could have ever imagined, that I have no idea how to explain it. All I can say is that it worked! All crazy ideas have been combined to an out-of-the-body experience. Wow!
- The plot is perfect! It’s fast-paced, kept me guessing, and I’ve ended wanting more. There are no mistakes that I can remember, everything has been cohesively written and there are no weak points. A piece-of-art!
- Ann is an amazing heroine, really she is splendid! She is a kick-ass heroine, so strong, at the same time vulnerable. She has been dealt some bad stuff in life and she thrives above everything and comes out even better. She is easy to love, connect and relate.
- The hero, whom I won’t name, is impeccable (I really want to say perfect, but I will try not to bored you to death). He is the right balance of hard and sweet. He is hot, thoughtful without being too much. He is the alpha type but he loves when his girl comes out stronger than him. Yeah, fairy tale prince with a twist.
- The antagonists, you are not really sure who they are. The author is crazy good like that.
- The secondary characters are wonderful too. I know this is a stand-alone, but I’m dying to read Lucy’s and even the man-that-I-won’t-name books.
- The romance is heartfelt, loving, sweet, cute, beautiful. I’ve totally loved how it has evolved. Superb! 🙂 I really wanted to say perfect!
- I had a crazy day at my work, I had so much to do, and I did complicated myself a bit because I couldn’t stop reading this book. In fact, I totally lost track of the time and finished my work three hours later that I should have. This is how addictive this book was! Really! I could start it over right now, and I think I would still be amazed and happy and sad and with all these crazy emotions!!!
- The author has masterfully written this book that every time I had something pegged a new twist would come and BOOM!
The Lost One is a mix of all three races. Whoever it turns out to be, they’ll be able to read minds, implant their thoughts into others, and see the future. by Lucy
- Ah! If this was any better I would be on my way to divorce, without any patients at the clinic and with my kids hating me. Really, I’m lucky that my family/friends/patients understand that the PERFECT book turns me into mad-forgetful-woman!
- Ok! One not so amazing thing… I always say that my reading journey starts with an amazing title and a wonderful cover. I don’t think I would have bought this book only by its cover. I wouldn’t have chosen to read it, without the blurb. But after I’ve finished the book, I can totally see and understand the cover. So, it grows on you and I can totally see Ann.
I sacrificed my happiness for hers. Painful, but worth it. I saved her life, but it was she who really saved mine. by “the man-that-I-won’t-name”
You MAY buy this book because you like the author; you SHOULD buy this book because you love a good romantic paranormal read; but you MUST READ this because is PERFECT!!!
I reached up and cupped his cheek. I needed a moment to look at him. So handsome, with eyes so dark and intense. It was more than that though. His beauty went right to his soul. One more kiss. I stood on tiptoes to reach his soft, full lips. His arms wrapped around me in desperation, his lips fused on mine, unrelenting. My mission became murky. I was losing myself. I couldn’t leave him.
Closing my eyes, I tilted my head to the ceiling and let the large water droplets plop onto my face, cooling me, but also setting loose a torrent of emotions. The stress of the past couple months seemed to melt away, like the water from my skin. I slipped off the raincoat and tossed it on a nearby bush, wanting to soak in every drop. I’d never felt so alive. I stretched out my arms and laughed. The wind picked up, and my wet hair whipped against my face. Exhilaration and happiness flooded through me.
He felt me and my pain. But he’d rather dump me in the water than answer my questions. Why? Was it really the war he worried about, or was I—what did he call me? Infuriating. That’s right. I got into another Jeep and slammed the door shut. Fine. If he wanted distance, he’d get it.
He took my face in his hands, and our eyes connected, the heat within so intense, it was almost unbearable. Out of breath, I shook my head, knowing I was on the edge. The emotions were too strong, too powerful, I couldn’t contain them.
“Too much,” I said.
“I know. I didn’t know it would be like this…so intense.” His eyes closed, and he rested his head against my forehead, running his hands through my hair. “Don’t be afraid.”
“Yes, but you fight better than any man I’ve seen. You had those two Jacks down in about five seconds. Impressive.” This time he met my eyes and smiled. The adrenaline from the fight had disappeared, and I looked at him. Really looked. Handsome, strong…and he risked everything to save me. Gratitude and something else, maybe affection, swirled inside my chest.
“We have to get going,” the other man said, ignoring my question. I glanced in his direction. Every bit as handsome, but he was dark everywhere his friend was light. Dark hair, dark eyes, and a dark expression. He didn’t look friendly—at all. A shiver traveled down my spine.
The Bookworm Central Review
Books and Kats Excerpt
Worth Reading It? Review
Maari Loves Her Indies Review
Bibliophile Mystery Excerpt
lisa Home for Books Spotlight
A New Look On Books Spotlight
Literary Dust Spotlight
Happy Tails and Tales Blog Review
Roxy’s Reviews Excerpt
Urania’s Distractions Teaser
Book Lovers Life Excerpt
Mythical Books http://mythicalbooks.blogspot.ro/ Promo Post*
Shawna Shauntia http://shawnashauntia.blogspot.com Promo Post
Up ‘Til Dawn Book Blog 5 Fave Movie Scenes
A Book Addict’s Bookshelves Teaser/Excerpt
Confessions of an Ex-Ballerina Playlist
Selina Liaw (used to be Books & Sweet Epiphany) www.selinaliaw.wordpress.com Review
The Queen Reads http://thequeenreads.wordpress.com Review
CBY Book Club http://cbybookclub.blogspot.com/ Promo Post
Desert Rose Reviews http://desertrosereviews.blogspot.com Promo Post
Loves Great Reads https://lovesgreatreadsblog.wordpress.com/ Promo Post
Comfort Books www.comfortbooks.org Promo Post
deal sharing aunt www.dealsharingaunt.blogspot.com Promo Post
YA Book Divas http://www.yabookdivas.com Promo Post
Bibliobibuli YA http://bibliobibuliya.com Promo Post
The Book Tree http://thebooktree.blogspot.com Promo Post
More Books Than Livros http://www.morebooksthanlivros.com Review
A Thousand Lives https://www.facebook.com/A-Thousand-Lives-Book-Blog-1439562502951758/ Review
The Silver Dagger Scriptorium http://silver-dagger-scriptorium.weebly.com/ Review
What Is That Book About www.whatisthatbookabout.com Promo Post
Smada’s Book Smack http://smadasbooksmack.blogspot.com/ Review
MyBookCushion http://mybookcushion.com/blog Promo Post
Red Raven Reads www.redravenreads.wordpress.com Review
Nose Stuck in a Book http://ycervera.blogspot.com/ Promo Post
The Book Forums http://thebookforums.blogspot.com Review