I received this book for free from Xpresso Book Tours in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
on August 15, 2016
Genres: Romantic Comedy
Source: Xpresso Book Tours
Buy on Amazon
I’m Payton Blake. A successful, balanced twenty-something living the dream.
OK. So it’s a big, shiny-ass lie.I could be all of those things. If I had friends outside of work. And if I didn’t mainline watermelon slushies like they were a food group. It wouldn’t hurt if I’d had sex in the last year, either. (My best friend insists Jorge the Nightstand Boyfriend doesn’t count.)
But when you know where you’re headed, who needs to enjoy the ride? Even if part of me longed for a little between-the-sheets adventure, Max Donovan would be the last guy I’d call.Sure, he made the indie video game that broke the internet. His eyebrow piercing’s sexy, in an ‘are-you-in-a-band?’ kind of way, and fighting with him gets me off faster than Jorge on bezerker mode. But he’s arrogant. Presumptuous. Colder than a cactus and twice as prickly. And I’m not talking about his face, because the guy’s barely old enough to shave.None of it changes the fact that I crave Max Donovan like a watermelon slushy on a hot summer day.
I should ignore him. But I can’t, because he just became my biggest client. And whether he’ll admit it or not, he needs me even more than I need him.
So what happens when the girl who lives to work goes head-to-head with the guy who was born to PLAY?
Game on, Max Donovan.PLAY is a sassy standalone romantic comedy about life, love, and video games. For 18+ due to language and Kindle-incinerating steamy scenes.
Hot, fun, romantic!!!
- Plot – It’s a fast-paced, fun read but it is also complex. It all sounds a bit cliché, but there are some twists to take it out of the obvious place.
- Characters – I love them both. They were easy to like, connect and relate. They are multi-dimensional with some demons to slay before they can have a mature relationship.
- Heat and Romance – This is a steamy read, and I have truly enjoyed the author’s writing style. There is never too much, all scenes are well described but there is no over the top sex. This is a love story and what we all want to know is how are they going to overcome their obstacles to get to the love. The romance is presented in a fun, beautiful way!
- Addictiveness – This was one of those books that I read in one sitting and couldn’t stop to do anything else. It was fast and it kept me going until the end.
- This is the kind of book that I must ask, what is not to like? I can’t think of anything.
- Cover – I don’t love this cover, but it’s not bad. The combination of the cover + title did hook me in, but I can’t see much of the story in it.
You MAY read this book because you enjoy a fun read; you SHOULD read this book because you have read other books by the author; you MUST read this book if you want a fun, steamy romance!!!