I received this book for free from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Published by Entangled: Lovestruck on October 8, 2018
Format: kindle e-book
Genres: Romantic Comedy
Buy on Amazon, Buy on IBooks, Buy on Kobo, Buy on Google Play
For Officer Justin Weaver, Christmas is the most hideous time of the year. To improve his “holiday cheer,”he’s been put on Officer Kringle duty, collecting toys for the Ho-Ho-Patrol.
It’s a week in holiday hell.
Worse, it comes with an elf—his little sister’s gorgeous best friend—but Lilly Maddox isn’t so little anymore. And as an annoyingly festive reporter looking to make her mark, she’s there to document his every move.
Justin’s always had a thing for Lilly, but he refuses to go there with her. Ever. Not after watching what his mom went through as a cop’s wife. But now that they’re trapped in his squad car, avoiding her just got a lot more complicated...
“…If I close my eyes, I can’t scan my surrounding.””For what? Squirrels with high-powered rifles? Lighten up and close your eyes!”By Justin & Lilly
Police officer Justin doesn’t like Christmas holiday and now, thanks to his best friend, he has to work as Santa Claus for a week, and carry along an elf. His hell is finally complete, when he finds out that his sister’s best friend, and his girl crush, is the elf he will drive around.
Lilly knows she was a horrible teenager, now she only has to prove to Justin, that this new Lilly is a better version than the old one. She needs this job and she needs Justin to work along with her.
Are Lilly’s past misdeeds forgivable? Or, there are some transgressions that can’t ever be condonable?
- Cover: The cover is cute. You can imagine a sweet romance during the holiday season. I think the title is great and very pertinent to the story.
- Plot: The book is fast-paced and keeps the reader guessing until the end. The story is cohesive without many typo mistakes and the smut is well-balanced and appropriate.
- Characters: Here I have mixed feelings. I adored Justin and he will stay here. He is a good guy. Loyal to his family and job. A great boyfriend material. He is easy to like, connect and understand.
- Heat: I could feel the couple’s chemistry. When they are together you can feel the energy.
- Addictiveness: This was an easy read for me. I kept reading thinking how this could end. I’ve read in one sitting.
- Plot: I have really enjoyed the plot, but I must say that what Lilly did in the past is a lot more serious than it was portrayed.
- Characters: I like that Lilly own up to how bad she was in the past, but at the same time she was doing it all over again. Also, I think Justin’s mom and sister should have been more loyal to him.
- Freshness: There is nothing new here. Very predictable. But I like love stories and I have enjoyed this one.
“Well, we’ve been doing that piece for Channel Six, and…the rest of it just…happened. You know. Ho-ho-ho.” In other words, I jingled her bells.” by Lilly & Justin
This is a love story. A sweet, with a dash of spice, romance. It is all about second chances and owning up for your own mistakes. It has a very current feel and it’s believable.
Because I work with teens, I had to take a star from the story because it gives bullying a lighter tone than it should have.
You MAY read this because you enjoy holiday romance; you SHOULD read this because you like a bit of spice into your reads; you MUST read this if you believe in second chances for love!!!