I received this book for free from Sophie Brooks in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
on August 31, 2016
Genres: Erotic Romance
Source: Sophie Brooks
Buy on Amazon
Let the games begin...
Ian is the perfect man for me. He’s incredibly handsome, smart, and ambitious. Every time I look at him, I’m amazed he’s mine. Or at least he’s supposed to be mine.
Despite being newly married, we hardly ever see each other. Ian’s a rising star at his advertising firm, and he works over seventy hours a week. My career as a busy lawyer doesn’t help, either.
When our close friends break up, it’s a wake-up call for me. I don’t want my marriage to end after just eighteen months. Luckily, I know the one thing that drives Ian more than anything else.
When there’s a bet on the line, my husband turns into a relentless alpha male. Which is why I challenge him to see who can come up with the naughtiest way to turn up the heat.
My plan works--Ian’s in it to win it. The hints he drops about the hot-as-hell adventure he’s plotting drive me wild. But does he realize it’s not just a game that’s at stake, it’s our marriage?
I'm thrilled at the idea of reconnecting with him in such a wicked way, but I'm also just a little terrified. Ian can be intense. Demanding. And capable of pushing every one of my carefully constructed limits. Every. Single. One.
What have I gotten myself into?
Wicked Bet is a steamy romantic novella with no cliffhanger, no cheating, and a happy ending.
Note: This standalone novella was previously published as Alyssa’s Agreement.
A Bad Boy Romance
Fast-paced; sexy; fun!!!
Ian I miss you? Ian, we never see each other anymore? Ian, bend me over the hood of this fake car and take me hard, cameras and coworkers be dammed?
- I love the title and the cover is sexy. But I could never think of Ian looking at this cover. This looks more like the body of a pro-athlete or a shifter. Because of that I took of one star.
- I really like the concept of the plot. A married, young couple, that have been working so much that they don’t have time for each other. Both are very competitive and made a bet to choose a honeymoon place. As trying to get a sex life, they rediscover each other and a new meaning for their marriage.
- It was a fast-paced read, that kept me guessing and ended wanting more.
- I’ve loved the sexy game the couple’s have play. It was hot, sexy, creative, with great descriptions without being too much. Even though the steam was very high, it was all tastefully written and relevant to the plot.
- It was a very addictive read for me.
- I love both characters. Ian and Alyssa are book very easy to love, connect and relate. They are so real, their struggles so authentic that they could be any of us.
Love is not a bullet-proof vest that can protect us from harm.
- Some of the steamy scenes I have read it before, but it did not take away from the quality of the author’s writing. The whole thing has been masterfully crafted and is very believable.
If by some miracle the spouse team wins, them tonight when we get home, I’m going to move my mouth eighteen inches lower and make you scream your brains out. But if-when-my team wins, you’ll be the one to blow my mind, so to speak.
You MAY buy this book because you have enjoyed the author’s work before; you SHOULD buy this book if you are looking for a sexy read; you MUST buy this book if you want to read a hot, REAL relationship!!!