I received this book for free from Social Butterfly PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Series: Fortuity Duet #1
Published by Rochelle Paige on April 24, 2018
Cover Design: LJ Anderson, Mayhem Cover Creations
Cover Model: Daniel Rengering, Pamela Tremblay Mcallen
Cover Photographer: Sara Eirew Photography
Format: Digital, print
Genres: New Adult, Contemporary Romance
Source: Social Butterfly PR
Buy on Amazon, International Options
The only kinds of luck I knew were bad and worse...until my life hung in the balance. I finally caught a break in the form of a second chance.
I vowed not to let it go to waste.
To make a difference.
But I didn’t start really living until I met him.
My complete opposite—except for our matching tortured souls.
I couldn’t resist him for long.
How could I when his smallest touch made my heart race?
When it felt like we were destined to be together.
But sometimes luck and sorrow are intertwined…
Fortuity, the first in the all-new, emotional and romantic Fortuity Duet by Rochelle Paige, is available NOW!
Download today or read FREE in Kindle Unlimited!
Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2F5wXni
Amazon Universal: http://mybook.to/Fortuity
Add to GoodReads: https://bit.ly/2G71HcP
New Adult, Contemporary Romance.
Book #1 of a duet. There is a cliffhanger.
An emotional rollercoaster!!!
- Addictiveness: Highly Addictive. This is a difficult, emotional read that grabs you and don’t let go. You feel like you can’t put the book down until the end.
- Character: hero 5/5, heroine 5/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 5/5, real 5/5 Wow! Both characters are easy to love, connect and understand. They are multidimensional character with so much depth. Faith is THE HEROINE! She has the perfect name. She is a warrior. She never gives up. She is a lesson of hope, faith and proof that second chances exist. Dillon is the moon of Faith’s sun. They are polar opposites, but they complement each other. They both have a lot of angst and issues to deal with. They find in each other the strength to keep going.
- Cover: art 5/5, title 5/5, subtitle 5/5, color-font 5/5, buy 5/5 I’m obsessed with book covers and I love to “read”snippets of the story on it. I love this one! I can feel the emotion jumping out of the cover. I can feel their love while staring in each others eyes. This title is PERFECT! I would definitely buy this book without reading the blurb because of this amazing cover art.
- Freshness: This may not have anything that I could say “oh, wow, so original”, but the overall feeling is FRESH, NEW. When we think we know it all, the author throws an unexpected twist.
- Plot: believable 4/5, conflict 5/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 3/5, enjoyment 5/5, opening 5/5, pace 5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 5/5 Great opening and ok ending. Really good conflict and intense dialogues. Steady pace with enough subplots to enhance the story. A few unexpected twists that makes this story heartfelt. Super emotional plot! This story plays with the readers emotions all the time. You feel desperation, hope, sadness, happiness, love… lots of love. The end just let the reader counting the days for the second book to come out.
- Romance: believable 5/5, chemistry 5/5, description 5/5, development 5/5, steam 3/5 The love story arch is perfect. It starts at a slow burn and it grows accordingly throughout the book. It hurts and it mends. It kills and it saves. Is poignant! Very beautiful!
- Writing Style: Wow! Emotional, emotional, emotional!!! Fabulous characters, wonderful plot, beautiful romance.
- The end. Yes, I was expecting the cliffhanger, but I won’t ever like it. 🙂
Wow! I feel like I have just finished a marathon. I’ve ended this book hurting everywhere at the same time I feel ready for the next.
I’m glad it won’t take long for Serenity. I can’t wait!
32.5/35 STARS – 4.5 STARS (4.5 stars between 31.5 and 33 stars)
Addictiveness: 4.5 Character: 5 Cover: 5 Freshness: 4 Plot: 4 Romance: 5 Writing Style: 5
- Action 1/5
- Angst 5/5
- Darkness 0/5
- Humor 0/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 0/5
- Would I recommend? I would recommend this book for everyone that enjoys romance with angst.
- Would I re-read this book? YES!
- Would I re-read this series? I will follow the series. Can’t wait!
- Would I read more from the author? Yes, looking forward to.
You MAY read this because you like the author; you SHOULD read this because it has a beautiful message; you MUST read this because it hurts so good!!!
Dillon twisted his neck and flashed me an apologetic grin over his shoulder. Unwanted butterflies swirled in my belly, and I quickly yanked my hands away from his shoulders and took a step backwards. His eyes flashed with male satisfaction and his grin grew wider. Determined to ignore the impact he had on me, I shifted my focus to the students. “Your test date is coming fast, so you’ll need to squeeze in as much extra study time as you can without neglecting your regular coursework. Maybe set aside some time during Thanksgiving break when you don’t have as much homework.”
“Ugh. Studying over break sucks,” one of the girls complained.
“Yeah, but you guys are in the homestretch. This test score is one of the last things you need to get into college. Trust me, it’ll be worth the extra effort.”
“I guess if you could get into college while recovering from a transplant, then the least I can do is a little bit of studying over a holiday break that isn’t even that big of a deal since I don’t have a family to celebrate it with anyway.”
The other kids nodded in agreement, and I snuck a peek at Dillon while everyone finished packing up. His brown eyes were wide with shock. I quickly looked away before he could ask me anything, and focused on saying my goodbyes as the kids all headed out. We both kept quiet—for which I was incredibly grateful—as Dillon helped me clean up the room. When we were back on the road, I turned to him and asked, “Were you really teaching my kids how to count cards?”
His lips tilted up at the edges. “Maybe just a little.”
“It’s a good thing none of them have any money to gamble or else they might learn to enjoy blackjack as much as you do.” His lip tilt turned into a full-fledged grin, and I glared at him. “I don’t know why you’re grinning at me! Look at what your affinity for gambling got you.”
“What?” He pointed at his face. “The black eye?”
“Yeah, for starters.”
His grin grew into a blinding smile. “It was worth it.”
“Because it’s the reason I met you.”
Shit. Those damn butterflies took flight in my stomach again.
Preorder the stunning conclusion, Serenity, Today!
Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2Hi9zsJ
Amazon Universal: http://mybook.to/SerenityRP
Add to GoodReads: https://bit.ly/2K8zgK8