Series: Beekman Hills #1.5
on April 25, 2018
Cover Design: Alora Kate with Cover Kraze
Genres: Contemporary Romance, Romantic Comedy
Format: Digital, print
Source: Enticing Journey Book Promotions
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Audible, Buy on eXtasy Books, Buy on Harlequin
Fun. Flirty. And no follow through.
FINN O'MEARA has a slick one-liner for every occasion and loves to talk a big game. Tending bar at McBride’s Public House gives him plenty of opportunities to meet the ladies—to take them home and show them a good time. He’s so talented with his tongue, they don't seem to mind that he never takes it past third base.
ADELAIDE HUNTINGTON is infinitely more comfortable with her PC than her peers. She prefers to work from the comfort of her overstuffed chair doing what she loves: graphic and web design. Only occasionally hanging out with her surrogate grandmas until an infuriating, silver tongued man charms his way in.
While he’s trying hard to prove there’s more to him than cheesy pick-up lines, Adelaide uncovers another layer to Finn.
A twist that no one would ever imagine.
- Addictiveness: Medium addictiveness. Very fast and easy read, that can be done in one sitting.
- Character: hero 5/5, heroine 5/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 5/5, real 5/5 Wow! Both characters are easy to love, connect and understand. Finn is very extrovert, a big flirt, that uses this shallow persona to hide past mistakes and guilt. Adelaide is the opposite. She is an introvert that avoids people. She is straight to the point and not a very good flirt. She definitely provides Finn a challenge, something that he really needed. They are good for each other, each offering the other something they need. I have to mention that are many great secondary characters, all the grandmas, the boys of the pub, and Eric. I can’t forget Eric, the perfect roommate. 🙂
- Cover: art 5/5, title 5/5, subtitle 5/5, color-font 5/5, buy 5/5 I’m obsessed with book covers and I love to “read”snippets of the story on it. I love this one! Really, I can imagine Finn looking at this cover. The subtitle is perfect and the colors used works really well. It feels young and flirty like Finn. I would buy this book without reading the blurb.
- Freshness: This may not have anything that I could say “oh, wow, so original”, but the overall feeling is FRESH, NEW. We even get an unexpected conflict.
- Plot: believable 4/5, conflict 5/5, dialogue 5/5, ending 3/5, enjoyment 5/5, opening 5/5, pace 5/5, setting 5/5, subplots 5/5, twists 5/5 Good opening and great ending. Cool conflict and fun dialogues. Fast-paced with enough subplots to enhance the story. An unexpected twists that gave this story a bit of drama. Sexy, fun read! The really perfect amount for a novella.
- Romance: believable 5/5, chemistry 4/5, description 5/5, development 5/5, steam 3/5 I love these sweet, flirty, fun romance. It has a young feel that make it all believable inside the timeframe of the story. A few good smut scenes to add to the appeal of the book.
- Writing Style: Great characters, fun plot and cute romance!
- I guess if I had read the first book of the series I would have liked it even better, to understand the boys of the pub better.
30/35 STARS – 4 STARS (4 stars between 28 and 31 stars)
Addictiveness: 4 Character: 5 Cover: 5 Freshness: 4 Plot: 4 Romance: 4 Writing Style: 4
- Action 0/5
- Angst 0/5
- Darkness 0/5
- Humor 5/5
- Romance 5/5
- Suspense/Mystery 0/5
- Would I recommend? I would recommend this book for everyone that enjoys fun, flirty romance.
- Would I re-read this book? YES!
- Would I re-read this series? I will follow the series. Can’t wait!
- Would I read more from the author? Yes, looking forward to.
You MAY read this because you like the author; you SHOULD read this because you are following the series; you MUST read this for a fun, sexy read!!!