I received this book for free from Chapter by Chapter Tours, Entangled Teen in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Love Beyond Opposites by Molly E. Lee
Series: Grad Night #3
Published by Entangled: Crush on May 7, 2018
Cover Design: April Martinez
Cover Photographer: IStock
Format: Digital, print
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary Romance
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Barnes & Noble, Buy on IBooks, Buy on Kobo, Buy on Amazon UK, Buy on Amazon AU, Buy on Amazon CA
If high school has taught mathlete Jade Aaron anything, it's that nerds never get the guy.
So when rock star Lennon Pryor starts pursuing her, It's not rocket science. This doesn't add up.
I mean, sure, he's hot.
And a god on the guitar...
But he's also the world's biggest player. Being with him would be a bigger mistake than 2+2=5.
Until graduation night, when a reckless moment leads to a reckless kiss. And now Jade's falling for the one guy destined to break her heart.
Contemporary Romance, Young Adult.
Book #3 of a series.. All books of the series happen at the same time, with different couples.
- Addictiveness: Medium-high addictiveness. This is a cute, fast read.
- Character: hero 4/5, heroine 4/5, secondary characters 4/5, growth 4/5, real 3/5 Lennon was going to be a rock star. He had always known that as soon as he finished high school he would go on the road. So, he had always avoided relationships by having brief interludes with the popular girls. The only problem was that the one girl he has liked through high school was off-limits. His dad, a teacher at his school, had always told him that Jade, his dad’s mathathlete, was off-limits. As graduation approached Lennon knew this would be his last chance with Jade. Jade was a nerd. A mathathlete and a genius. She definitely didn’t fit into the popular crowd. So, her crush on Lennon, the rock star womanizer of the school was really a horrible result for any equation. Both characters are easy to love, connect and understand. They are cute together.
- Cover: art 4/5, title 5/5, subtitle 4/5, color-font 5/5, buy 5/5 I love this title. In fact, the title of all three books were amazing and tied them together well. This is a cute art, with great font/colors and amazing subtitle. I would buy this book without reading the blurb.
- Plot: believable 2.5/5, conflict 4/5, dialogue 4/5, ending 3.5/5, enjoyment 4/5, opening 4/5, pace 4/5, setting 5/5, subplots 4/5, twists 3/5 Good opening and great ending. Interesting conflict and dialogues very well written. Fast-paced with a bit of angst that enhanced the story. The plot was good. The conflict felt real. Because I have read all three books, I have to say that I love how the author has created a series that happens at the same time. All the characters are at the same place, in a moment that changed their lives.
- Romance believable 4/5, chemistry 3.5/5, description 4/5, development 4/5, steam 2/5 This was a sweet romance. I could feel their attraction and I even understood why they stayed away from each other so long. But there are things that are inevitable, and they being together once, was one of these things. It was cute!
- Writing Style: I love the writing style. Specially how the author has created a series all revolving around the same event in a small time frame. Is different and unique!
- Freshness: I really like how this series worked, but this one was very predictable. It doesn’t really bother me that it is not full of unexpected twists and turns, when I get loving characters, a sweet romance and good plot.
- Plot: There is are a few unrealistic scenes. Nothing that really bother me, but enough that I know I have to mention. I won’t go into details to avoid spoilers.
Even though I read lots of reviews saying it could be read as a stand-alone, I believe this story is deeply connected inside the series, and the greatest experience would be reading them together. I started with book #2, felt like I was missing out. When back, read book 1, then 2, now three. It really changed my perspective of the stories. I recommend to read this in order!!!
26.5/35 STARS – 3.5 STARS (between 24.5 stars and 27.5 stars)
Addictiveness: 4 Character: 4 Cover: 4 Freshness: 3 Plot: 4 Romance: 3.5 Writing Style: 4
Would I recommend? Yes. If you like YA romance light and fun, you should give this series a try.
Would I re-read this book? YES!
Would I re-read this series? Sure.
Would I read more from the author? I will!!!
You MAY read this because you like the author; you SHOULD read this because you followed the series; you MUST read this for some fun, cute love story!!!
$15 Amazon Gift Card (INT)