I received this book for free from Sienna Chance in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Format: kindle e-book
Genres: Contemporary Romance, Ménage
Source: Sienna Chance
Buy on Amazon, Buy on Barnes & Noble, Buy on Kobo
Inspired by Cinderella.
Ella’s been living in hell with her stepmother and things look like they’re about to get worse when she finds out that her evil twin stepbrothers are coming home.
Only this time, they’re planning to play nice with her...
Sweet ménage with a happy ending!
Ella’s father married above his social class when she was 16 years old. Along with an evil stepmother Ella got hateful twins step brothers. Now, 11 years later, they are finally coming back home, while she has stayed behind all this time. Will her life become even worst, or will she finally get a reprieve?
- Cover: As a fan of ménage reads, I would have picked this book looking at its cover. I would have guessed it would be a MFM ménage story and I find the title enticing.
- Characters: I like Julian, the rebel twin. I usually have a soft spot for the wild one, the “black sheep”. Julian is a good character. He was always a bit different, so never really accepted by his mom. He is hot, fun and a bit unpredictable. Eric isn’t as fun as Julian, but he is an ok protagonist. He is the one that keeps his brother in check, he thinks before acting and usually saves Julian from his own impulsivity. He is cute and sweet!
- Plot: The idea behind the story is a pretty good one. It’s a bit of a spin own a fairytale. I also like the concept that a woman entering a ménage relationship would struggle with her feelings. The story has a good pace and it got me curious until the end.
- Addictiveness: The intention of the book is very intriguing and it keeps the reader wondering about how things are going to turn out. It kept me guessing and wanting mor until the end.
- Heat: It has no scene that I will remember forever, but I like the unusual “sweet” factor into this ménage story. Their emotions were better explored than the actual physical part of the relationship. It is unusual and it has worked well.
- Characters: I couldn’t like, connect or relate with Ella. This was a struggle for me. Ella acts like she is a 16 year old, but in reality she is 27. She was supposed to be Cinderella being held by her evil stepmom, but I did not understand why she was still in that place.
- Plot: There were a few weak points within the plot. So many thinks didn’t make any sense for me, that even though I know this is fiction, I wanted a more believable scenario. View Spoiler »1- Why hasn’t Ella found a job and move out of the evil stepmom’s house? 2- Why would Ella move out of her stepmom’s house to a house of someone who she has only seen twice in her life? 3- Sleeping with someone to keep your grandmother medical bills is a bit too much. Why not find a JOB? « Hide Spoiler
I don’t know. I have mix feeling about this one. Even though the idea behind the story was fresh and interesting the execution wasn’t that great.
This book has so many good qualities, at the same time the mistakes were really annoying.
I’m still curious about the author. I would like to read something else from her, and see if she is able to explore her creativity into a more believable story.
At the end I gave this book three stars because there were a lot of good there. It hooked me and I felt compelled to finish the story.
You MAY buy this book because you like fairy tales; you SHOULD buy this book because you enjoy ménage reads; you MUST buy this book if you are ready for a total different concept of ménage, which the emotional connection between the trio is more important than the physical aspect.